NEO GEO CDZ Protection

CADMAN2K

Kabuki Klasher
Ok guys, I've read various Information on
why the NEO CDZ does not play all backups.
I've backed up my entire NEO collection and the laatest games just do not work.
You do not get the start button to allow you to play the game.
Someone out there must know how to get around this as I currently Have KOF99 and LBlade 2 backups that someone gave me both of which work perfectly on CD and CDZ Machines. I need more Info on this subject and a way to get around the protection.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I am not sure, but I think there isn't way to play some of the backup games for the cdz. You should be able to play all the backup games for the Neo Geo cd, though.

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by CADMAN2K:
Ok guys, I've read various Information on
why the NEO CDZ does not play all backups.
I've backed up my entire NEO collection and the laatest games just do not work.
You do not get the start button to allow you to play the game.
Someone out there must know how to get around this as I currently Have KOF99 and LBlade 2 backups that someone gave me both of which work perfectly on CD and CDZ Machines. I need more Info on this subject and a way to get around the protection.

The CDZ has a hard time playing backups because the laser is more sensitive on the CD drive, I HAVE owned both systems at one time or another, The neo cd system plays back ups perfectly.

However when I had my CDZ it would play some, And not others.

CADMAN2K

Kabuki Klasher
Originally posted by Master Terry Bogard:
I am not sure, but I think there isn't way to play some of the backup games for the cdz. You should be able to play all the backup games for the Neo Geo cd, though.
Yes guy's I know that some of the NEO CD Games work fine but a lot of the new titles have to be patched to avoid the NEO giving you disk i/o errors. If I have 2 of the Latest games namely LB2 and KOF99 on backup and they also work perfect on my CDZ then someone somewhere out there must have patched them for those to work. What I have found is that software written after 1995 just dosen't work so is their something in the NEO CDZ Bios which maybe even checks the file dates that are written on the CD. (I don't know) Somebody must know the answers & I would really appreciate everybody's help. After all I am asking on the Best NEO Website around.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
backups?

thought they were called copies,yeah?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Backups: If you have the original, and Copied: If you have only the illegal cd.

But, yes, honestly, I think most of those who have the backup/copied don't have the original game. I don't have any Neo Geo backup/copied game myself, but I am going to try the emulators (same thing, actually) to check out which games to get next.

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited November 26, 2000).]

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
err.......
so let me get it straight

yeah

as in

"cool man,just bought kof 99 for my dear old neo cd and now i'm gonna put it on and play for a while......

WAIT !!

before doin that,
how foolish of me,
i was in such a rush,i ALMOST forgot,
i need to make a backup of this fine kof 99 cd and then and only then i will play...."

not likely,huh?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
The protection checks can be removed from ALL Neo CD protected games. If I ever get the chance to finish my ISO patcher, I'll have a utility that does the patching automatically
smile.gif
Maybe I'll work on it again since I've had a couple people ask about it.

But yea, all games (backups of your originals) will work on a CDZ unit when the protection checks are removed.

Jeff

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Jeff, I wanted to give my thanks for the great Neo Geo Din-A/V cables you made for me. It looks to be made of very high quality materials, and it works great--no more bad graphics. Thanks again.

s2112d

Zero's Secretary
20 Year Member
Jeff,

Releasing a utility like that would be great. I'd just like to say thanks!

Sal