S-video cord for NEO GEO

endgamer

Another Striker
Hey everybody! Weeks ago I saw and bid but lost the auction for one s-video cord for the NEO. Does anybody have one of these or is the person who bought the cord read this forum. My question is does it really work like a regular s-video cord. I would of loved to get my sweaty little hands on it but it fetched just over three hundred dollars so they must be rare. Somebody please if you have any info let me know asap as I can't find one I will have to send my NEO to be modded by Mr. Kurtz whom I understand does excellent work. I just can't part with my NEO right now even if it is for just a few weeks.

endgamer

Another Striker
I know about s-video cables and you cannot get an s-video cable that will fit into the back of the NEO, especially not at Best Buy. Thanks for the no help benares!!! I suppose I can use a regular s-video cable on Sega Saturn too. I don't think so.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Hey endgamer, you want s-video then send your cart system to Jeff Kurtz to do the work. He does EXCELLENT work, and he'll mod your Neo for arcade debug, s-video, and stereo for HALF OR LESS the price of that stupid cable you saw on eBay. The cable can't give you high quality due to the low quality of the 8 pin DIN connection native to the Neo cart system.

Seriously, email him at jmkurtz@macola.com and arrange to have your cart system modded, I did and it works GREAT!!!

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by endgamer:
I know about s-video cables and you cannot get an s-video cable that will fit into the back of the NEO, especially not at Best Buy. Thanks for the no help benares!!! I suppose I can use a regular s-video cable on Sega Saturn too. I don't think so.

Hey man, Don't know what your smoking, But the neo geo doesn't have s-video, You need to get your system custom modded to have S-Video, Jeff Kurtz does this, Then all you use is a regular S-Video cable you'd find at radio shack...

benares

Kula's Candy
Oh man. I'm sorry
frown.gif

I recently bought a Neo-CD myself and it does take a regular s-video cable. I had no idea that the cartridge system doesn't have one.

Again, I'm sorry...

wenyandu

n00b
I have one of these S-Video, RGB unit, the name of the unit is XNEO, it's made by Micomsoft in Japan, it's exclusively for the Neo Geo home system, it just plugs back into AV outout, it's a small unit as the size of a cigarette box. It has S Video and 15 & 21 pin RGB output. It cost about $160 in japan. Hope this helps

endgamer

Another Striker
Thanks alot wenyandu! Couple of more questions for you. Did you get yours a long time ago or recently and from whom or do you know anybody, store that has any in stock? USING THE S-VIDEO CABLE DOES IT GIVE S-VIDEO QUALITY? IS IT WORTH IT? THANK YOU MUCH. I APPRECIATE ANY ANSWERS.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
Hey endgamer, did you read my post? The best quality you can get will be to have your Neo MODDED, which doesn't cost even close to $160 for the works (s-video, stereo, arcade debug). Why would you want to buy a crappy cable that can only give you a substandard s-video output when you can have your cart system professionally modded? That doesn't make any sense at all.

endgamer

Another Striker
Yes chimpmeister I read your post, question is did you read my original post, I know he can mod my NEO in fact I've e-mailed him months ago when I first got NEO, even before this forum was in existence. My NEO already had MVS chip in it when I bought it off ebay and he charges almost as just to get the s-video mod as if one got both the MVS mode + s-video mod, that is why I am still thinking it over.

wenyandu

n00b
Endgamer, I got this about 2 months ago in a store in Japan, they don't have much because I guess it's a rare item. It gives S-VIdeo quality. But honestly, I don't use it much, because there are no sound output since it took the AV connector. But it has a plug that you can get sound from the earphone plug and then connect the cord to the unit and then it gives the stereo output, it's kinda complicated, but the sound quality isn't that good. And for the RGB feature, it only compatible with one of those really old RGB monitors. So I rarely use the item. hope it helps.