SNKP President Steps Down

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
http://cyberfanatix.com/snkp-president-soichiro-hosoya-steps-down/

SNK Playmore silently announces the resignation of Mr. Soichiro Hosoya as Company President.

Translated Summary (Provided by Professor at Madman’s Cafe):

Effective September 16 (business day 1 of TGS), Soichiro Hosoya, president of SNK Playmore, has stepped down from his position. Taking over Hosoya’s seat is Ryo Mizufune, board director & chief, corporate planning. Hosoya will continue to serve SNK Playmore as a board director.

Hosoya was SNK Playmore’s chief of content division until his reign as president on October 30, 2008. He is the most publicly known executive in SNK Playmore, making most of the company’s announcements during press events.

During Mr. Hosoya’s Tenure as Company President. We have seen what happened to the most games that were out.

LWK, prepare your CV.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
This might be good news. Now have the new president fire the idiot debugging team.

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I wonder what that means for future content from SNKP.
Hopefully the revival of some older games...

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I heard that there may be a new home version of their Pachinko machines.

Can't wait.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Well, this can only make things better, right?

*Next announced game is a NGPC collection for PS3 w/ broken online play*

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Hopefully the revival of some older games...

Probably the opposite. My guess is that they will try to be as cautious as possible now, hopefully with better business sense.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Considering he was replaced by someone else on the board I wouldn't expect any drastic changes.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
And he went on to a more respectful job as a KFC manager.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
He probably tripped on the fucking staircase knowing SNKP.

To quote joe pesci "this guy could fuck up a cup of coffee"

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
1:1 ratio boob groping.
How does it get ANY better?

Belt Loop MOVE attachment with 1:1 thrust support... I want to make this happen in pictorial from for the lulz, seriously. But I'm not buying a fucking MOVE.

This might be good news. Now have the new president fire the idiot debugging team.

I doubt it's anyone on the debugging team's fault. SNKP has super limited budget. Fixing bugs=time=money, there is about a ZERO percent chance that the testers weren't finding the bugs in the recent games and writing them up... they had deadlines to make, blame the suits.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Belt Loop MOVE attachment with 1:1 thrust support... I want to make this happen in pictorial from for the lulz, seriously. But I'm not buying a fucking MOVE.

statutory rape may be better with the Kinect.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I doubt it's anyone on the debugging team's fault. SNKP has super limited budget. Fixing bugs=time=money, there is about a ZERO percent chance that the testers weren't finding the bugs in the recent games and writing them up... they had deadlines to make, blame the suits.

No, I'm gonna blame the debugging staff. To much shit gets through even if the budget was really small. Way to much shit got through.

No, I'm gonna blame the debugging staff. To much shit gets through even if the budget was really small. Way to much shit got through.

If it makes you feel better. As a former tester, it'd be like if there were a ton of bugs written up in the queue, under-manned programmers working to fix them, and then the bosses decide that the game has to be released NOW. They aren't magicians, you could easily be a tester and write up bugs til you're blue in the face...it's not your fault if they're written up.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
If it makes you feel better. As a former tester, it'd be like if there were a ton of bugs written up in the queue, under-manned programmers working to fix them, and then the bosses decide that the game has to be released NOW. They aren't magicians, you could easily be a tester and write up bugs til you're blue in the face...it's not your fault if they're written up.

A REAL debugging team has enough balls to tell their boss that it won't be done unless you want it done wrong and at a larger profit loss. There is no excuse for poor debugging what-so-ever. Being someone that codes, I frequently ask people to check behind me so if it needs fixed I can do it ASAP.

Half the bugs in just about any recent SNKP game could be fixed with a three man team within maybe two days of work. They get no excuses.

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
A REAL debugging team has enough balls to tell their boss that it won't be done unless you want it done wrong and at a larger profit loss. There is no excuse for poor debugging what-so-ever. Being someone that codes, I frequently ask people to check behind me so if it needs fixed I can do it ASAP.

Half the bugs in just about any recent SNKP game could be fixed with a three man team within maybe two days of work. They get no excuses.

But what if the boss tells you to shut up since you know shit about release date timings and marketing schedules?

And maybe lose your job because you were a little too vocal and didn't know your place?

Reality Check

World Hero
His place to inform the development team about glitches and bugs that he can find in the game. If the boss is more concerned about other things why have a debug staff in the first place?

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
Because its not like the boss ignores everything the debug team says. For sure there were a thousand more glitches and bugs in the game , when you are on limited budget and have a release date set in stone you have to get your priorities straight though , try and get as many game breaking bugs as you can while steadily moving towards release , sad , but it usually happens in software industry ( not only gaming)

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
After having allowed this news to linger a while and consider it, I'm guessing nothing will really change with SNK-P.

Now where's my goddamned KOF XIII home system release announcement?

A REAL debugging team has enough balls to tell their boss that it won't be done unless you want it done wrong and at a larger profit loss.

LMAO. Seriously, that gave me a good laugh. This is like saying a REAL burger flipper would tell their boss that selling healthier food will keep their customers alive longer to buy more food for more overall long term profits. It isn't their place and they will be swiftly shown the door and won't be a burger flipper anymore.

And that's what game testing is, it is the software industry equivelent of flipping burgers. I know, I did it. The bosses DO NOT CARE what your input is on the games, they want it not to crash so little timmy won't make his dad return the game for Halo.

But what if the boss tells you to shut up since you know shit about release date timings and marketing schedules?

And maybe lose your job because you were a little too vocal and didn't know your place?

This.

His place to inform the development team about glitches and bugs that he can find in the game. If the boss is more concerned about other things why have a debug staff in the first place?

Because without a debug team the game would crash within a minute of botting up (this is common when a game is early in the testing phase) and be unplayable, their job is to prioritize and fix game-breaking bugs first.

Yeah, AFTER how many MONTHS the debugging team already removed bugs from the game you never saw and the bosses saw the game was stable enough for the mainstream crowd to buy and not have their game frozen and said "ship it".

Whatever your job is dude, imagine clocking in at 9, then your boss saying "we don't have enough money, you're done now" at 1pm, and then tell me it's your fault your work isn't perfect.:spock:

I tested for a company which is famous for having NON glitchy games, you wouldn't believe how glitchy they are for EIGHT MONTHS or longer during which they are testing. If that company ran out of money mid-testing like SNK likely did, this company would "have a crappy debug team", what a joke that some of you cannot understand that debugging takes time which is money.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
LMAO. Seriously, that gave me a good laugh. This is like saying a REAL burger flipper would tell their boss that selling healthier food will keep their customers alive longer to buy more food for more overall long term profits. It isn't their place and they will be swiftly shown the door and won't be a burger flipper anymore.

And that's what game testing is, it is the software industry equivelent of flipping burgers. I know, I did it. The bosses DO NOT CARE what your input is on the games, they want it not to crash so little timmy won't make his dad return the game for Halo.

This.

Because without a debug team the game would crash within a minute of botting up (this is common when a game is early in the testing phase) and be unplayable, their job is to prioritize and fix game-breaking bugs first.

Yeah, AFTER how many MONTHS the debugging team already removed bugs from the game you never saw and the bosses saw the game was stable enough for the mainstream crowd to buy and not have their game frozen and said "ship it".

Whatever your job is dude, imagine clocking in at 9, then your boss saying "we don't have enough money, you're done now" at 1pm, and then tell me it's your fault your work isn't perfect.:spock:

I tested for a company which is famous for having NON glitchy games, you wouldn't believe how glitchy they are for EIGHT MONTHS or longer during which they are testing. If that company ran out of money mid-testing like SNK likely did, this company would "have a crappy debug team", what a joke that some of you cannot understand that debugging takes time which is money.

This post is cold hard truth.