No ending for Garou: Mark of the wolves mvs?

KainDC

New Challenger
No ending for Garou: Mark of the wolves mvs?

Hi, I've beat Garou: Mark of the wolves
(MVS cart)so many times and even on the hardest setting.
But there is no ending!!!
All its say is just "Comming Soon"
Does this mean, i have the beta version of the game?

Need some info. thanks.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
That's weird... I have the home cart, and you can see the ending even on the easiest setting-they are great, probably the best endings for Neo Geo so far. I was thinking about maybe selling it and getting the cheaper MVS version. Thanks for the notice.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
That sounds like a beta to me. The real game has endings, in MVS and AES formats as far as I know.

The "rom" version which is the beta, has the same "coming soon" ending too.

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

i have the us home cart and beat it many times!!! ive never seen a ending what the fuck!!!!!!!

KainDC

New Challenger
I got the MVS cart from ebay

A guy who's company Named: LightHouse

his user name is: aslan11

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I have dealt w/ him on ebay w/ Blazing Star MVS cart. Mine worked fine and was in very good condition to boot. He offers warrenty. You should contact him ASAP.

Coincedently, I just won an auction from him on Kizuna Encounter MVS cart. Maybe I should worry
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited November 08, 2000).]

KainDC

New Challenger
Here is the thing.
The game boot and play just fine, no problem at all. Only the ending is missing. Plus after beating the game, when it ask you to enter your name for high score the screen is kinda weird. Other than that it work good, except the boss code and the things i mention above........

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Sorry to hear that. So you are going to keep it then? I really don't like hasseling people as well, but did it not cost alot on ebay? And the ending is fairly good too. Alot of people that I talked to had good deals w/ him, except E3, I think.

Boss code? I din't know it even existed. I got the bosses when I beat the game w/out loosing a single round and got a rank no lower than "A", I think.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Thanks. My fault. Let me retract my earlier comment. I remember now. I read that article, a while back. Actually, if there was anything that I can complain about my transaction w/ Aslan was a feedback. I never got one. He told that he would return my positive feedback like 3 times, but never did. It looks like I am having somekind of fixation on the feedbacks-I am going to stop whining.

KainDC

New Challenger
Just want to know, if there is a way to tell if the game is a beta or original. Because I'm planning to buy another Garou:MOW mvs cart. But afrid i'll get a beat again......
Wish one who has the Garou MOW mvs cart can confirm that there are endings in the real original mvs cart. that way it makes me feel a little safe to buy another MOW.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Just wanted to post about current dealing w/ Aslan. The Kizuna Encounter MVS had some glitches. The 2 chr-Kain? & Joker had some white lines accross them (some pin is missing?). So I e-mailed about it, and he said that he will exchange it. I sent the item along w/ the payment for the items (Shock Trooper 2, Pulstar, and Breakers Revenge) that I won from him. He e-mailed that he got the payment and will send the items. And get this. He left me a positive feedback on the item that I won over 2 month ago. I didn't expect to get it. Cool! What little reservation I had about the seller is gone. He got my approval. I am hoping that rest of the transaction will be just as smooth.

Kain. Do you still have a warrenty? If it is, why not give Aslan an e-mail. He will probably accept an exchange.

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited November 23, 2000).]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
aslan11 is an excellent seller. I bought $400 worth of carts from him about 6 months ago, all worked fine. Some had copied mini marquees and cart labels, but he stated that beforehand which was fine. Many were probably asian carts to begin with.

A few of mine had original English labels and one was complete as new, Captain Tomaday. Included all original arcade materials except the original cardboard box.

I'm getting ready to buy from him again . . . he's fine to deal with. He'll back the stuff up, from what I've seen.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah. Just got the stuff from Rich. Except the messed up cart that I sent to get replaced. He said that he ordered another copy of Kizuna Encounter--I wonder where he get his supplies from? He sent me a card as well. saying all that and he was sending my other items first, so I could play them sooner. Cool.

DHG Hunter

Bashful,
I'm having the same problem now with my MVS cart. I got the game from loopzofury2k@home.com via eBay, name James Jefferies. I get to the end of the game, but instead of being treated to the endings, I instead get half an ending and then a "Coming Soon" logo. The same problems described above I am also having.

It's a green case, serial number VC990742. It is a North American copy. There is a yellow sticker on the bottom of the game with a "!" and some Japanese text, but I can't make it out. If anyone is interested in the text, I could forward it to you. Help? =/

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
Originally posted by Shaolin: "i have the us home cart and beat it many times!!! ive never seen a ending what the fuck!!!!!!!"

Home cart?!?! Hacked home cart!?? wow, that REALLY sux. you should cap the fool who sold it to you. bang bang!!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
KainDC,
That is a beta copy of Garou... it may be an offical beta from SNK, but it is not the Final and chances are it is a bootleg. See, all the bootlegs are dumps of the ROM files, which are of the Beta. At the end of the game all it says is "All in the family" Coming soon. This is the number one indication that you have a boot. Also, another change from Beta to Final... in the beta you fought Kain always as the last boss, but in the final you needed to have an overall A rating throughout the game, and you could not lose to Grant. Sorry buddy, this is not the first bad cart Aslan has sold as the Garou bootleg post in News and Rumours shows. I do not think he knows he is passing these along, but who ever he buys them from is ripping both him and you off. I am just so happy I got a real copy of that game, I would have to say that is the most bootleged game now a days! Sorry again, but that cart is not the Final, and I can say that with no shadow of a doubt
frown.gif

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
As for the person with the jacked up home cart... god, I hope that is not a converted bootleged MVS beta version (long enough title for you?) but it sure sounds like it. Again, if there are no endings and you see the coming soon message, you got ripped off. All the endings in Garou are very hi-res and impressive when you see them (especially Rocks!) I know for a fact that mdgamesales has some good versions of Garou. I talked to them a few weeks ago about bootleged carts and he said that was the first he had heard of it, but that he would now keep an eye out... anyway, I got mine from mdgamesales last summer and it is the real deal, throw some business his way, I am sure he can get you a good one.

-Nick

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I got a replacement for my bootleg Garou from MDGamesales, myself. Mike is a great guy and very helpful.

------------------
kof96_ryostance.gif
-RyoGeo

[This message has been edited by RyoGeo (edited February 20, 2001).]

$hockwave

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL:
i have the us home cart and beat it many times!!! ive never seen a ending what the fuck!!!!!!!
i have the english version of mark of the wolves i had to find this out the hard way i have oonly done it once thou it was with rock and i never continued i think that is how you do it i saved the stage on my memory card so i could see everybody else's ending have you tried this yet?

SinFull Void

Zero's Secretary
When fighting the sub-boss (I forgot his name), you have to get an "A" grade or higher to go on to the last boss (Kane). After you beat Kane, you'll get your ending.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Ah! I just got MotW on MVS myself. I have beaten Devil a couple times, and I get credits. I guess I have never gotten the real ending, because I have never faced Kain. Thanks for the insight!

------------------
yoshirpg.gif
It's not easy being green...

C

Caris Nautilus

He has the beta version of the game, which is more than likely a bootlegged version. Since I don't think official snk beta versions were ever sold, they just put them on location and then got them back.