JVS kick buttons not working... does it need power?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
This is from a question I asked here

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3060988&postcount=215

But, I'm afraid it may get lost in the shuffle. I have a system 256 I'm using in my Naomi cab. All things work great EXCEPT kick buttons. I have the JVS adapter hooked up to the system 256, but with no power coming in from the JAMMA. I was hoping the kick buttons would just work from the cable I have connected to the system 256, but they still don't. Does this board need to have power running through it for the kick buttons to work??? If so, what is needed? Just 5volts or the 12 volts... or both? :scratch:

Any help would be awesome. I'm a little dismayed that no buttons from the Naomi's JVS aren't showing kick, considering the USB controls everything else leading to that. :(

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Yikes!

I found this on ArcadeOtaku -
However, the Capcom I/O uses a standard JVS 8 pin amp connector for power, where as the Namco 2x6 employs a 6 pin power connector. A JVS power supply adapter which comes bundled with 2x6 kits may let you use a Capcom IO to power the Namco 246 out-of-the-box with some success (this is confirmed to work with Capcom Fighting Jam, but not with more power-hungry titles such as Tekken 4).

That makes me believe you need to power the JVS independently of the 256.