HGA Review

M

metalslug2k

I received my Home Game Arcade System (HGA) from Great Western Trading Co. (http://www.gwtrading.com) and have given it the full run through.

Let me start of by saying that I am using the HGA v1.1 with an MVS-1F board through S-Video on a Sony WEGA 32" TV.

I am extremely pleased with the performance of the HGA. The Red, Green, and Blue adjustment knobs gave me plenty of control and enabled me to get what I consider the ideal picture. Even a game like Blazing Star that has a high level of color depth looks great.

The next big hurdle could have been the joysticks, but they are wonderful. They come out of the box very stiff, but I have no problem with that. I am more than willing to loosen them up. On the other hand, I would hate to start off with perfect stickst that then loosened up too much.

I have never seen a MAS Super Nova in action, so I cannot compare the performance of the HGA against that. However, I am a very satisfied customer.

Being able to play MVS games by plugging a cart in to the MVS board, plugging the MVS board into the HGA, plugging the HGA into the TV, and hitting the power button is easily worth $300.

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by metalslug2k:
I received my Home Game Arcade System (HGA) from Great Western Trading Co. (http://www.gwtrading.com) and have given it the full run through.

Let me start of by saying that I am using the HGA v1.1 with an MVS-1F board through S-Video on a Sony WEGA 32" TV.

I am extremely pleased with the performance of the HGA. The Red, Green, and Blue adjustment knobs gave me plenty of control and enabled me to get what I consider the ideal picture. Even a game like Blazing Star that has a high level of color depth looks great.

The next big hurdle could have been the joysticks, but they are wonderful. They come out of the box very stiff, but I have no problem with that. I am more than willing to loosen them up. On the other hand, I would hate to start off with perfect stickst that then loosened up too much.

I have never seen a MAS Super Nova in action, so I cannot compare the performance of the HGA against that. However, I am a very satisfied customer.

Being able to play MVS games by plugging a cart in to the MVS board, plugging the MVS board into the HGA, plugging the HGA into the TV, and hitting the power button is easily worth $300.

how do you loosen the sticks up? Just play them alot?

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, they just gradually loosen up over time. I didn't like them at first, but after they loosened up a little bit, they're great joysticks.