Metal Slug 1 converted or original

copterdoctor67

New Challenger
Just as the headline says i am trying to figure out if the two copies of ms1 i have are originals or converted. i bought both of them with no box or stickers on the cart. I opened them up and one of them did not have any jumpers or wires sodered on the boards and it had toshiba brand chips inside of it. The other one though had one wire jumper on each board but it looks like they are repairs done because where it is sodered it looks like the connection where the two leads meet on the board are broke. Also on this cart the chips on the boards have no name on them and it has more chips on the board than the other one. Can someone help me and tell me if one of these is original.

NSX-T

Amusaka's Lacky
Even though if they are real, those games are worthless. It is because of their conditions, and the way it is presented. It is worth something, but not a lot. The key is to be happy with what you have: MS1(!).

OK, what if it is real, so now what?
Nothing.

[ August 04, 2001: Message edited by: NSX-T ]

[ August 04, 2001: Message edited by: NSX-T ]

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: NSX-T ]

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
If they're both bare carts, then they're both converted. End of story. A cart which is missing sticker, insert, box, manual is 99.99% likely to be converted. I mean, WHY would one end up missing everything? It just really virtually never happens.