HNG64 non-jamma power harness, how to build/where to buy?

The HNG64 mobo has a port that needs +5 and some other power, I forget exactly (manual is in the garage). I don't have the harness for it. Does anyone know what type of connector it uses? Extra points for mouser.com part numbers for the connector and pins. :vik:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Personally i think the extra 5v is pointless. Some agree some don't. It's just a 4 pin molex with 5v on one side, gnd on the other. If you need the cable i have several spares i can send you. There is some discussion on this in the hyper forum.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I built the extra cable into my supergun.
picture.php

My board was new, so I had the cables. You need the other cable for stereo sound too. I don't know if the extra hookup is really necessary or not. I also use the Hyper power cable on the gun as auxiliary power for joysticks too, so I get that bonus.

Personally i think the extra 5v is pointless. Some agree some don't. It's just a 4 pin molex with 5v on one side, gnd on the other. If you need the cable i have several spares i can send you. There is some discussion on this in the hyper forum.

Do you think if I paypalled you a few bucks for shipping I could have one of your extras? :)

Now that I think about it....if you are getting the 5v from the same rail on the power supply that is connected to your harness, why should it matter? Weird that they designed it that way...

I built the extra cable into my supergun.
picture.php

My board was new, so I had the cables. You need the other cable for stereo sound too. I don't know if the extra hookup is really necessary or not. I also use the Hyper power cable on the gun as auxiliary power for joysticks too, so I get that bonus.

Wow, that looks really clean! BTW I was Kim Kaphwan/Ken Masters on your chatroom WAAAY back in the day.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I've never used that cable on mine, the Hyper doesn't use more than 4A on the +5v line. My Hyper is still kicking after 11 years.

I think a 4 and 6 slot MVS mobo could benefit from one though.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Some tech somewhere said you need it if its going to stay on in a cab forever. If you're just going to play it here and there you can get away without it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sefer Halilović (Xian Xi --if you refuse to deal with him over a name change a mod will stab*;3051904 said:
I've never used that cable on mine, the Hyper doesn't use more than 4A on the +5v line. My Hyper is still kicking after 11 years.

I think a 4 and 6 slot MVS mobo could benefit from one though.

in an arcade where the machine would run 24/7, I would imagine the toll on the hardware would build up.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Do you think if I paypalled you a few bucks for shipping I could have one of your extras? :)

You're more than welcome to have one of my spares. PM me your address and I'll send it your way.