Custom games?

vgg

Quiz Detective
As I am teaching a summer course in KSA, some of my students picked up on my NEOGEO fan-ism. Well, they mentioned that KSA was a major sales point for SNK and that some of the super rich/royalty paid $$$ to SNK to make customised variations of NEOGEO games. Don't know if this is true, anyone hear about it?

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
what in the world are you talking about.
and what is ksa.

vgg

Quiz Detective
KSA is Saudi, and I'm talking about if SNK made custom game variation for insane amounts of money. Most of my students have never heard of a NES or Genesis, but most of them know what a NEO GEO is.

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
I don't know, but I would not be surprised if it happened.

It would be great to locate original carts with this variations.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
NES is generally known as "Family" in this region, probably because the Famicom box has that word on it. Also, it has always been the Famicom here. Only a small percentage of gamers back then had the NES.

Genesis is simply known as "Sega".

The Atari 2600 was also referred to as "Atari".

The MSX was also very popular here, and most people had that before the Famicom took over. The MSX was localized and released here by a Kuwaiti company called "Al-A'alameyya" and it was named as "Sakher" (which means "Rock" in Arabic).

The rest of the systems were known by their actual names, including the Neo-Geo.

And I have never heard of any custom NeoGeo game before.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
If they exist they're likely still owned by the royal families still, or in a dump. Only SNK knows.

Unless they demanded Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003. Then fuck them.

vgg

Quiz Detective
If they exist they're likely still owned by the royal families still, or in a dump. Only SNK knows.

Unless they demanded Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003. Then fuck them.

I think they do, why would SNK of all companies have accurate Arabic refrences in games (like Metal Slug) or even a complete stage with an exact location from Saudi in KOF 98 UM (I have been to that same location)

vgg

Quiz Detective
Genesis is simply known as "Sega".

LOL, in a disscussion, one student though it would be cool to reply some old retro games so he said "let's go sega together" (English isn't so good)

I would imagine him saying that in Italy

aria

Former Moderator
I'm thinking they could be well-done hacks.

And KSA is Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

[EDIT: d'oh, was beaten to the punch on that last one]