New To "The Game"

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
Well... sort of. I've been collecting and restoring arcade machines for about 4 years now. I've been a member of BYOAC for as long and KLOV for a little over 3 years. I am a regular on both of those forums. I recently picked up my first Neo-Geo MVS cab (a 4-slot Rev 3 cab) and figured it would be a great time to register here.

This is the cab I picked up (before I did anything to it):

NEO_JUSTHOME1.jpg

...and here is how she looks now:

NEO_SEMIFINISHED1.jpg

...though I have made a custom 150-in-1 marquee "set" since that photo was taken:

NEO_CUSTOMMARQUEE1.jpg

To do: Replace the marquee (as you can see there is a nice big crack)... memory card reader (on it's way thanks to a member here)... and that's about it. I may eventually re-paint the black portions of the cab, but currently it's in pretty decent shape overall.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Looks pretty darn good. I've a 2 slot cab myself... well, I should say "project". If I only had to worry about paint I'd be sitting pretty right about now :)

Plus side is I got mine for $300 and there was no key (guy bought at a storage unit auction). Drilling out the lock revealed $212 in the coin bucket, so not bad I suppose.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
So you painted the rust on the front black and bought a 150-1 cart? You can do much better than that.

FrizzleFried

Mr. Big's Thug
I actually sanded the rust then painted the CP... and yep, got the 150-in-1. That said, I am on the look out (and have bought) a few games I really want that aren't included in the 150-in-1.

Other things I've done thus far:

Swapped sticks (comps are much better than supers), swapped buttons (also comps), replaced the hacked in forescent light as the electronic ballast was jacked up, I re-capped the monitor as it was showing jailbars and other geometric issues, I re-painted the coin doors (hammered finish black), wired in a credit "lock" switch as freeplay sucks on some games I've found out (KOM I am looking at you!), cleaned the cab up of course and that's about it thus far.

I plan on replacing the marquee... if I can find one I will replace the control panel plexi (the one I have is nice but the P2 window has been all scratched to hell)... and possibly I will one day re-paint... but it's decent enough as-is that that is way down the list of stuff to do.

Frankly, I have other projects on the table to deal with first. I have a Secret Service Pinball machine to shop out, the Elevator Action cab you see in the above picture is waiting for a new coat of tan/brown paint (along with Pr0k's kickass Taito stencil set), etc...

swolgam

n00b
I actually sanded the rust then painted the CP... and yep, got the 150-in-1. That said, I am on the look out (and have bought) a few games I really want that aren't included in the 150-in-1.

Other things I've done thus far:

Swapped sticks (comps are much better than supers), swapped buttons (also comps), replaced the hacked in forescent light as the electronic ballast was jacked up, I re-capped the monitor as it was showing jailbars and other geometric issues, I re-painted the coin doors (hammered finish black), wired in a credit "lock" switch as freeplay sucks on some games I've found out (KOM I am looking at you!), cleaned the cab up of course and that's about it thus far.

I plan on replacing the marquee... if I can find one I will replace the control panel plexi (the one I have is nice but the P2 window has been all scratched to hell)... and possibly I will one day re-paint... but it's decent enough as-is that that is way down the list of stuff to do.

Frankly, I have other projects on the table to deal with first. I have a Secret Service Pinball machine to shop out, the Elevator Action cab you see in the above picture is waiting for a new coat of tan/brown paint (along with Pr0k's kickass Taito stencil set), etc...

Welcome Frizz! :buttrock: