S-Video and 2d games

I am not sure if i want to get my system modded with s-video. I have used s-video with my dreamcast and it works great for 3d games, but when i play 2d games like SF3 third strike or MvsC2 it looks pixelated, almost too sharp. Has anyone else noticed this problem? I'm just wondering if it would be the same for the 2d games on the Neo system?

Thanks, Levy

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
that is not a "problem", that's the difference between a dirty, mixed signal with interferences as opposed to a cleaner signal via s-video.

When i say pixelated i mean that i can actually see little squares along the outline of the characters in the game.

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
well, that's pretty normal considering the chars ARE made of "little squares".. the better/sharper the image, the more visible they are.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
I've never seen that on my S-video T.V.

I have however seen that on certain monitors that are hooked up to a Dreamcast via the VGA cable. I know what you mean about the "block look". I've seen it on all the 2D games that are displayed on my friends HDTV with VGA input.

As far as S-Video blockiness, mabye try turning down the sharpness?? I got the neo S-Video mode and mine seems fine.