new to the boards

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Hello, I'm new but I cant post anywhere, this is supposed to be a board to talk about the neo geo, but new members aren't allowed to post? wouldn't have been easier to disable registration for new members?, I dont need to be registered to read what the other people write here, so what gives??

hoop-jones

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
You should be able to post from day one, but it takes a few days until you get full access to open new threads, pm other members, etc.
Since your post count says 4, posting should be working for you.
I guess that the access limitation has to do with safety reasons.

Just be a little patient and take your time to get used to the board, maybe read the faqs or just ask other members.

Anyway: welcome to the forums :).

Daedalus

If there's a Bandwagon. I'm on it!
As above you have restricted access...in a few days you'll be able post and make new topics...there is also a laggy chat room to visit, if you need to calm your geo talk withdrawal.

Be patient...if you're a Neo fan, its worth the wait...

Cheers.

turbobug61

Banned
i cant post either, i have a bunch of games for neo geo pocket if anyone is interested in the bundle also have the clear neo geo. my brother in law used to work for neo geo and he got me a bunch of games including all the rare games. have you ever seen wrestling madness for neo geo pocket? pocket reversi, evolution, cool boarders, neo bacarrat, oekaki puzzle, cool boarders. let me know if your interested

email me at suckadick@yahoo.com

Frank

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
i cant post either, i have a bunch of games for neo geo pocket if anyone is interested in the bundle also have the clear neo geo. my brother in law used to work for neo geo and he got me a bunch of games including all the rare games. have you ever seen wrestling madness for neo geo pocket? pocket reversi, evolution, cool boarders, neo bacarrat, oekaki puzzle, cool boarders. let me know if your interested

email me at suckadong@yahoo.com

Frank

He worked for Neo Geo you say?! I'll email you my social security number asap!

email me at dongadick@yahoo.com

Frank

This is pretty much the poster child for the restrictions. Thank you for summing it up.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Is not that I can't post, because I signed-in on January 2010 and I already posted once in the "tech support" section, but now it seems that my posting rights are deactivated again..

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Hello guys, as said previously be patient and try to post in the general discussion area before tring to blast into the selling stuff. It's supposed to be a community rather than just people flogging stuff.

petenick

n00b
I've also discovered that you can't create new topics initially, but it seems to keep the boards clean so I'm happy with waiting a few days to create new topics etc. Oh, and welcome to the forum, chinitosoccer!

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Worked for Neo-Geo? Awesome!

My father works for Windows, my brother for Playstation, and my uncle works for Pentium!

Wombie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Worked for the neo geo? Wow... got any spare PAL Kizuna encounter, Neo turf master or Metal slug 1 AES for sale as well, Frank? ;) email me at wombie@i-like-to-be-scammed.org if you do!

chinitosoccer: I think there is a high spambots/scammers concerns on these boards(actually, everywhere on the web now), therefore the strict rules - mainly to protect the current existing authentic members. Keep posting and contribute, you will get there. Once the mods trust you, they will give you more perks.... :glee:

raz0red

n00b
I am still on restricted access, but after having run several forums and fighting off tons of spam, I can totally appreciate what the ops are doing.

I only hope some of the stuff that I want to buy from the "selling" forum isn't gone before I get the capability to PM. :)

--Raz.

processor

n00b
Hello, I'm new but I cant post anywhere, this is supposed to be a board to talk about the neo geo, but new members aren't allowed to post? wouldn't have been easier to disable registration for new members?, I dont need to be registered to read what the other people write here, so what gives??

Same for me, but I guess it's the same for every new user ;)

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Will all the shit some members have done, it is not surprising. I suppose a quick PM to mod can rectify the issue.

Welcome.:mr_t:

Better to be new and on probation than to have wasted 10 years of your life reading this crap.

bolts100

n00b
Hi all,

I'm a noob to this board and have been registered for a few days but cannot create any threads or send PMs for trading. Please can someone tell me how long this process takes?

BR
Steve

acharris77

n00b
Hey all, I am new to this board as well, signed up a few days ago. This will be my 1st post just to see if I post anything. lol

Anthony

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Better to be new and on probation than to have wasted 10 years of your life reading this crap.

:lolz:

Welcome to the new members. You'll receive your final self-esteem tests momentarily...

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Hi all,

I'm a noob to this board and have been registered for a few days but cannot create any threads or send PMs for trading. Please can someone tell me how long this process takes?

BR
Steve

Howdy bolts ;), it depends really on mod approval i think. If you get afew posts under your belt it usually helps buddy :)

bolts100

n00b
Howdy bolts ;), it depends really on mod approval i think. If you get afew posts under your belt it usually helps buddy :)

Hiya mate it's good to see a friendly face :) I'll have a look through the threads to see if I can contribute anywhere.

Bolts

ssj

n00b
Here we go, seems new users can only post here, so I'm trying to make a post on this thread as well :)

And hello to all Neo Geo fans I hope I'll be able to do some posting soon enough.

Cheers