If you are using Neo controllers on an MVS board...

dr.r.muckly

Galford's Armourer
If you are using Neo controllers on an MVS board,
how do you add coins?
Would you have to wire a coin button?
What would i need and where would i be soldering?

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
Wouldn't the select button be your coin button?

The start would still be the start button... wink

Mr. Wizard

Angel's Love Slave
EVIL NICK:
Wouldn't the select button be your coin button?

The start would still be the start button... wink
Start and coin is one in same. Select is for 2-6 slot boards and alows you to skip from game to game so you dont have to sit around waiting for each attraction to end before it skips to next game. I just built a joystick for a MVS board and the start is the coin.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I'm not sure, but I thought that if you use a regular neo controller the select button acts as "select" game (only in multislot boards), and for the coin you need to wire it to the JAMMA harness. However, since you can allow freeplay with the DIP switches you have absolutley no need for a coin button.
In any case, if you replace the bios with the Universe bios, you can use the select button as a coin button in MVS mode, and select will act as pause (just like AES) in AES mode.

Mr. Wizard, I find strange what you say. Since you constructed that stick, how did you wire it? Maybe you didn't use exactly the same pin-out as the neo sticks.

edgemaster

Rugal's Thug
you will have to wire up a seperate switch to add coins or flick dip switch 7 to access freeplay mode.

start on the neo pad is player one start

Kazuya_UK

NeoGeoForLife.com,
20 Year Member
I'm using Neo sticks on my MVS... neither start or select act as a coin button, I have to use the button that is on my supergun to insert coins. As someone said, the select button is used to select game on 2-6 slots, although it can be used to insert coins if you have the uni bios.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Jamma/mvs egde connect would be wired like this.

P1 coin up = 16 to ground.
P2 coin up = t
P1 start = 17
P2 start = u
Select up = 26
Select down = d

Check it out here

<a href="http://www.hardmvs.com/manuals/Jamma2NeoGeo4SlotPinout.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.hardmvs.com/manuals/Jamma2NeoGeo4SlotPinout.pdf</a>

<small>[ February 13, 2003, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: ttooddddyy ]</small>

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu:
In any case, if you replace the bios with the Universe bios, you can use the select button as a coin button in MVS mode, and select will act as pause (just like AES) in AES mode.
Oops, sorry, don't mind me... wink

That's my setup, with the Universe Bios...

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
If you want your coin inserting via the joystick its better to use the select button and not the start button. You will need to do one on the following to achieve this;

1) Take a wire from Jamma pin 16 and wire it into the select button on the joystick (pin T for player 2). This will force the 2 inputs to trigger when pressed.

2) Simply use the UNIVERSE BIOS and dont disable the input swapping option :)

Raz

<small>[ February 13, 2003, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Razoola ]</small>

Mr. Wizard

Angel's Love Slave
Amano Jacu:
I'm not sure, but I thought that if you use a regular neo controller the select button acts as "select" game (only in multislot boards), and for the coin you need to wire it to the JAMMA harness. However, since you can allow freeplay with the DIP switches you have absolutley no need for a coin button.

Mr. Wizard, I find strange what you say. Since you constructed that stick, how did you wire it? Maybe you didn't use exactly the same pin-out as the neo sticks.
Hehe loco I forgot to mention I had my board on freeplay. Good call. glee Anyway, why would you want it set on anything but free play as far as a super gun setup goes. Now if its a cab then coinage is a possible issue.

<small>[ February 13, 2003, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Wizard ]</small>

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
turn on dip switch 7 on the MVS board! thats freeplay. That what I did with both of my mvs boards