blazing star seems to be in lo res

brassos

n00b
Hello,
Purchased Blazing Star, seems to be in very low res "blocky graphics" in my american arcade cabinet. Is this a dip setting? The pics of this game on all the review sites seem to show much higher resolution graphics.
I have a Japanese arcade cabinet also but can't get home for a few hours.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
uhm, screenshots are generally smaller, so they look higher quality. the neogeo IS a lowres machine.

brassos

n00b
Me again. took the game home to my neo 29 cabinet. Plays in higher res..Looks great. Darn American cabinets... I like the blood in garou and last blade2 that i get in the neo 29 also. No blood in American cab..oh well

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
sounds like the monitor is badly adjusted then.
as for blood, try going to the test menu and setting "cruel fight" to ON in LB2, it should give you blood in the US cab too.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
What??? No blood in the US version (US MVS board) of LB2 with out setting it in the test mode? Do you have to do that every time you put in the game?

Peace

JHendrix

jbeedham

yeah he did that, ,
I don't think the Neo is a low res system. It has res that is better than all the 16bit systems. I would say it is med res or high res

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
Uhhh, as far as I know it only outputs 304x224 resolution, which is low res. At least I know that for the later games KOF99, Metal Slug X, MOTW.

Peace

JHendrix

Arakon

Robert Garcia's Butler
JHendrix, you only have to set it once in the soft dips, it's stored with the other settings then (like level etc).
I'm not even sure if LB2 defaults to blood on or blood off.