SS2 genjiro question

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So, I've been playing some SS2 lately, and love it. Been playing Genjiro, and while he's a good character, I can't help but think his dragon punch slash is worthless. Can someone explain to me what's the big deal with this move? It does TERRIBLE damage. Also, when an opponent is dizzy, what is the recommended attack to do that dishes out the maximum amount of damage with him?

it´s an anti-air strike and yes, it does negligible damage.

jump-in hard slash, standing hard slash. Needs to be fast to connect.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
lol. Genjiro?

Genjuro's brother?

Man, that reminds me of how it was rumored before 2 was released that Ukyo's brother was in the game.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Best Genjuro combo, if you get the timing down:

close low AB slash, standing AB slash (Thank you Neo Geo Freak mag that I saw that combo in.).

It only works on certain characters though. If I remember correctly, they are:

Nakoruru
Charlotte
Cham Cham
Ukyo
Galford
Nicotine
Kyoshiro
Maybe Gen-An

Anti-airs I usually use jumping straight up AB slash, low CD kick or walk under a jumper and catch them with a closee standing B slash. Only really use the uppercut against Gen-An's cheap ass AI.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Best Genjuro combo, if you get the timing down:

close low AB slash, standing AB slash (Thank you Neo Geo Freak mag that I saw that combo in.).

It only works on certain characters though. If I remember correctly, they are:

Nakoruru
Charlotte
Cham Cham
Ukyo
Galford
Nicotine
Kyoshiro
Maybe Gen-An

Anti-airs I usually use jumping straight up AB slash, low CD kick or walk under a jumper and catch them with a closee standing B slash. Only really use the uppercut against Gen-An's cheap ass AI.

This combo is a lot harder to connect than it looks. But it's beastlike.

jericho_mpm

New Challenger
So, I've been playing some SS2 lately, and love it. Been playing Genjiro, and while he's a good character, I can't help but think his dragon punch slash is worthless. Can someone explain to me what's the big deal with this move? It does TERRIBLE damage. Also, when an opponent is dizzy, what is the recommended attack to do that dishes out the maximum amount of damage with him?

I recorded the stuff from the ps1 version basic combos and anti attacks so ihope this helps you - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKMUYQnfVe4&nofeather=True