Help make sense of this electrical diagram

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
How are you using the switch, power switch?

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
In the second page, it shows you how the switch works. You're looking at schematic B.

The switch is 3P SPST (3 Pole - you have 3 connectors, and SPSP - single pole single throw ie there is one "input" and one "output).

To connect DC (I know it's an AC switch, but DC explanation is less typing:)) -
Find your +/- from source and +/- to the device.

Connect both + and - to the two connectors on the switch from the mains. Connect only the - to what needs to get power directly to the power source. Connect the + from what needs to get power to the pole on your switch.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Power switch, and it's DPST so it diagram C

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Oops! I looked at the PDF at it seemed like B was the only illuminated switch... Sorry.

Same thing as above, but connect both AC to each side of the switch. Use a multimeter if you're not sure which pole is which. Since it's illuminated, you might get a read on the two poles that are connected by the light in the diagram - that will show some resistance. The poles that are the actual switch should show (depending on your multimeter) 0, Short, 0.0000001 Ohm, etc. When the switch is toggled, it should change to INF, Open, etc.

If testing resistance is confusing, see if you have a continuity setting and verify with that.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Problem solved