Arcana Heart 3 coming to 360 & PS3

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I saw this news last week, and think it's awesome. I have faith that ASW will do a faithful port, and considering it's ASW the game will most likely have the same great net code as BlazBlue. Now to hope that someone picks the game up and publishes it in the US (like Aksys Games); but if not, I can always import a copy for my PS3 :buttrock:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Nice! Hopefully ASW doesn't have any part in the game's development, though.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Here's the link to Arc System Works official website.

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/ah3/

I'm hoping it's a good port unlike Arcana Heart 2's buggy lag fest...

I appreciate the news of a new 2D sprite-based game as much as anyone...

...but the image on that website is just disturbing in terms of character diversity, among other things. Yuck.

Last edited:

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
So this is what we get instead of a new Guilty Gear!

I don't think we'll ever see another Guilty Gear. :(

I'd like some definitive answers on the Sammy/Arc thing, though - from what I understand, Sega accidentally owns most of the GG IP thanks to purchasing Sammy. Arc would have to buy-back their own IP before ever making a new GG.

AH3 and BB are good enough for me right now. The sales on these guys is horrid - losing faith that Arc will still be producing good stuff in the long term.

Would be nice to see some classic Arc/Sammy stuff on XBL or rereleased - I'd pick up Fist of the North Star, AH and Basara X to play them on Live.

aclbandit

Another Striker
Awesome, thanks for the news!

An import PS3 game is still way cheaper than Arcana Heart arcade boards.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I remember playing AH1 and thinking it was single handedly the worst fighter I had played in a quite a few years.
Did this series ever evolve into anything besides jail bait comboing each other?

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
I remember playing AH1 and thinking it was single handedly the worst fighter I had played in a quite a few years.
Did this series ever evolve into anything besides jail bait comboing each other?

Um... no, it didn't.

Did you play Battle Fantasia? I'd rather play Arcana Heart any day......

aclbandit

Another Striker

I dunno how good the series is, honestly -- I never got into the first one. My girlfriend loves the PS2 port, though.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I don't think we'll ever see another Guilty Gear. :(

Unfortunately, I think you are right. Now that there is Blazblue, we probably won't be seeing a new Guilty Gear game anytime soon. Which stinks because I definitely prefer GG.

Or who knows, maybe one day we'll get a crossover Blazblue vs Guilty Gear game :)