No more shockboxes..... EDIT -Back in Stock-

I just looked at southtown and I guess they finally sold out... They were the last place selling new boxes.... Lets see how high they go for now that there are no longer easy to buy...

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Wonder if Jason will do another run of them or not.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
"BOXES ARE SOLD OUT. RESTOCK EXPECTED IN AUGUST. Email us for inquiries about small quantities or to be put on the contact list to be notified at the time of restock."

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
"BOXES ARE SOLD OUT. RESTOCK EXPECTED IN AUGUST. Email us for inquiries about small quantities or to be put on the contact list to be notified at the time of restock."

thanks for the update to the blind folks above you. :lolz:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Not sure if you found any yet, but galfordo has some in his sales thread for $5 a piece, pretty good price.

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
South-Town is just plain running out of everything. I wonder if its because there isn't a "worth-it" business turnover, or if there is a general loss of interest?

-Bill

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
I'd say they convert the site into selling just shockboxes. Shit, they have been a monopoly with them for some time now..why not go all in?

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
I'd say they convert the site into selling just shockboxes. Shit, they have been a monopoly with them for some time now..why not go all in?

That would be a good/easy idea.. Just keep the site, re-do it up to be "south town homebrew shockboxes" back in the day that's all that eric sold... It was just a site to store all of everyones insert designs instead of flooding the creative section of the forums; even though they did anyways. Oh well..

-Bill

aclbandit

Another Striker
I just looked at southtown and I guess they finally sold out... They were the last place selling new boxes.... Lets see how high they go for now that there are no longer easy to buy...

Thanks for scaring me, man. Not cool :P

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
When will people learn to read properly? :oh_no:

People always post first and think afterwards!

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
There's still tons of them floating about, enough to do until the next lot gets produced :)

danox574

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Shockboxes are coming actually next week. We really should have had them by now but the last shipment has to go back because there was a problem.

I am actually working with Jason on the shocks. He's not planning on selling them direct anymore because his schedule won't allow it. (And, we're set up for it here but he stuffed that inventory into his apartment). The new run are the same as the last run, but I do have one surprise in store for everyone.

We've had to stop carrying a few items lately due to lack of interest and supplier issues. We still have some of Jeff Kurtz's shells, but it's not worth carrying the encoders, and JROK doesn't answer my emails when I ask about carrying their product. We're out of Sanwa sticks right now but we are preparing an order. We try to keep some MVS carts in stock -- I think we have about 50 different ones right now but I prefer to be up around 70-80 unique titles. We haven't ordered any UNIBIOS because we pay so close to full price, that by the time we put them in stock, you can get them for the same price right from Raz. We did only a small handful of CPS2 repairs during our run, it isn't something people need Southtown for. Our T-Shirt designer and supplier went away, but that could be any of you if you wanted.

Anyone who wants to sell a product there can simply let me know what you'd like to sell. I don't mind commission sales, or I'll buy stock for the store if it's an item that looks like there is interest. It's a store that was originally built by Eric to serve the community with the free downloads, anything else we can do to help, just let us know.

I'll carry anything worth carrying. I welcome suggestions to beef up the store. There are a lot of people who create products and sell them here, but I would suggest dropping me a line to get them in the store -- Southtown's audience goes well beyond the forum, about 60% of our customers do not use this site.

I would really love someone to make 10 consolized Neo-Geo that all match -- I'd buy them wholesale as a lot or you could put them in the store until they sell, but having just one unit is a drag -- anyone want to be the official console maker for the store?

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
I would really love someone to make 10 consolized Neo-Geo that all match -- I'd buy them wholesale as a lot or you could put them in the store until they sell, but having just one unit is a drag -- anyone want to be the official console maker for the store?

Actually I'm currently working on a prototype for mass production that I'm saving up to invest in.

-Bill

Shockboxes are coming actually next week. We really should have had them by now but the last shipment has to go back because there was a problem.

I am actually working with Jason on the shocks. He's not planning on selling them direct anymore because his schedule won't allow it. (And, we're set up for it here but he stuffed that inventory into his apartment). The new run are the same as the last run, but I do have one surprise in store for everyone.

We've had to stop carrying a few items lately due to lack of interest and supplier issues. We still have some of Jeff Kurtz's shells, but it's not worth carrying the encoders, and JROK doesn't answer my emails when I ask about carrying their product. We're out of Sanwa sticks right now but we are preparing an order. We try to keep some MVS carts in stock -- I think we have about 50 different ones right now but I prefer to be up around 70-80 unique titles. We haven't ordered any UNIBIOS because we pay so close to full price, that by the time we put them in stock, you can get them for the same price right from Raz. We did only a small handful of CPS2 repairs during our run, it isn't something people need Southtown for. Our T-Shirt designer and supplier went away, but that could be any of you if you wanted.

Anyone who wants to sell a product there can simply let me know what you'd like to sell. I don't mind commission sales, or I'll buy stock for the store if it's an item that looks like there is interest. It's a store that was originally built by Eric to serve the community with the free downloads, anything else we can do to help, just let us know.

I'll carry anything worth carrying. I welcome suggestions to beef up the store. There are a lot of people who create products and sell them here, but I would suggest dropping me a line to get them in the store -- Southtown's audience goes well beyond the forum, about 60% of our customers do not use this site.

Dan, Sorry I started this thread before you emailed me about the last order and let me know that more were on the way... I just saw that,,,,

The Return of the SHOCKbox! (SOLD OUT)

and I was quick to vent here....

Anyways thanks again.. Looking forward to the new shipment. They just legitimize the bastard MVS cart oh so well....

noCLip

Camel Slug

i bet if you made a thread on this topic youd get some takers!
sounds like a great idea!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Why do some people always freak the fuck out every single time shockboxes aren't available for 5 minutes?

Tripp_655321

New Challenger
Return of the Shock Box!

For those of you who didn't know, www.Southtown-homebrew.com has resumed sales on the SHOCK BOX :buttrock:. BLACK=$8.00, Red=$8.25 ( limited run, only 500 units. get them while they last) ....(this is not a sale thread it's just news)

aria

Former Moderator
For those of you who didn't know, www.Southtown-homebrew.com has resumed sales on the SHOCK BOX :buttrock:. BLACK=$8.00, Red=$8.25 ( limited run, only 500 units. get them while they last) ....(this is not a sale thread it's just news)

You have to love someone who posts a brand new thread right next to the existing thread on the subject... :spock:

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Slobodan Milošević;3035973 said:
You have to love someone who posts a brand new thread right next to the existing thread on the subject... :spock:

yes sir're, noob to the fullest.