another neo cd disc problem

• Thread starter snkneogeousaCTH
  • Start date
S

snkneogeousaCTH

okay, here's the deal:

Yesterday, I decided to rip my Real Bout Fatal Fury CD (us version). This morning, I tried to play the game - I found out when I had put it in the drive, somehow it got some funky scratch all along the outside edge of the cd. So, when I put it in to play, it read all the tracks, I hit start, and then got the DISC00001 error.

I say, hmm, it reads all the tracks but won't load - maybe I'll burn a copy and see if that works? So, I get some cd cloning software, and burn a clone (at 1x speed). The CDR game plays fine, untill I lose a match in the story mode - then I get a black screen saying something to the effect of: "YOU ARE PLAYING A COPIED CD WHICH INFRINGES ON SNK CORP. INTELLETUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU BUY AUTHENTIC CDS. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE". So I get this error once, and I'm like "screw it" and I restart the game again.

Lo and behold, once I lose another round I get the same bloody error. Why won't this work?? How is it telling that it's a copy? I thought the CD systems couldn't tell if the game was original ?_?. Somebody please help, I love RBFF!

PS: I am using a NGCD Frontloader, and I do own a copy of RBFF, but as I stated, it got ruined.