Is it this where the name Supergun comes from?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3206854484&category=13716" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3206854484&category=13716</a>

hmmm...

<small>[ February 08, 2003, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: MKL ]</small>

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
YES. Yes it is.. This unit comes with the worst encoder known to man. I also found out the hard way that you won't get the correct colors with smaller MVS-1 pcb's.
I've owned three since 92' and the encoder failed on all three.The edge connecter positioning on the unit is disgraceful.If you don't have that Jamma to Jamma adaptor you can forget about plugging up your PCB's.
-BB

<small>[ February 08, 2003, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: BIG BEAR ]</small>

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Well, I bought a supergun from a friend from Winston Goh and it was exactly like that, but I think he only uses the case and makes the internal parts himself in a certain degree.

I have some friends here that have a similar device, imported from Asia, that in the exterior has printed "Supergun II". If possible I'll make some pics of one.

Winston Goh

Camel Slug
Yes, I think this is the original supergun.

I seen this way back in 1990 when I am still a wee bit of a kid. This system cost $1k then.

The RGB encoder is based on the Motorola MC1377 and it won't work with certain revision of the MVS.

And yes, I sold a couple of this systems. They all have their encoders replaced. The encoder suck real big time but it is possible to tap S-Video from it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Winston Goh:
Yes, I think this is the original supergun.

I seen this way back in 1990 when I am still a wee bit of a kid. This system cost $1k then.

The RGB encoder is based on the Motorola MC1377 and it won't work with certain revision of the MVS.

And yes, I sold a couple of this systems. They all have their encoders replaced. The encoder suck real big time but it is possible to tap S-Video from it.
That's the same one that Japan Video Games sold in the early 1990's issues of Electronic Gaming Monthly.

Also, in one of EGM's numerous SFII articles, they showed this very same Supergun being used along with a SFII board to demonstrate some of the moves.

Pretty fascinating in that I was seriously considering one of these back in the early 90's, but when I found out what the prices of some of the Jamma boards were, I decided it was out of my price range (I was in high school back then...no way I could afford $500 to $1000 for a modern Jamma board!). I like the styling of this particular unit.