NeoGeo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting Update (Now With 20% More Pulstar)

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/offic...gin_left=85&corner=5&opacity=0.90&twitter=off

The fourth sample soundtrack is a remixed BGM from the first stage of Pulstar.
Could this mean that, among other things...
...one of the stages might be devoted to Pulstar?
...the Dino246 might be a selectable character?
...SNK Playmore has had the rights to Pulstar and Blazing Star for years, yet never made it apparent until now?
...Pulstar and/or Blazing Star might show up on XBL/PSN/WVC in the future (either as a revamped remake, sequel or neither)?

All four of those things seem possible, but only the third one sounds most likely.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Hmmm very interesting...

Since Aicom went down the tubes, the rights would cost little to nothing (public domain) to accquire. Why would you think number 4 would happen? Just 'coz?

Hmmm very interesting...

Since Aicom went down the tubes, the rights would cost little to nothing (public domain) to accquire. Why would you think number 4 would happen? Just 'coz?

I figured with all the various PS2 and PSP compilations SNKP had put out in the past, they might one day make an all-shooter Neo-Geo collection (comprised of games like Shock Troopers 1 and 2, Cyber Lip, the aforementioned Pulstar and Blazing Star, Prehistoric Isle II, and so forth). However, with future PS2 ports having gone the way of the dodo, I assume that any and all future Neo-Geo games will either end up on XBL/PSN/WVC, as extras on a PSP game or compilation, or as unlockable bonuses on any future PS3/XB360/Wii ports (all two of them).

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
You would have thought there would be more neo games available on the live/psn/wii shop by now ?

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
The game is out now. Got mine today, but also got Sengoku Basara 3 and am going to be spending time with that first.

The game's manual is awesome:

rm3M8l.jpg

aria

Former Moderator
Since Aicom went down the tubes, the rights would cost little to nothing (public domain) to accquire.

Public domain? lolwut

Things never fall in the public domain unless you can provide some proof that the legal owner intentionally and explicitly released the IP.

I guarantee you that any IP of value was sold, they always are.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
How the hell have I not heard of this sooner? It looks awesome, although I'm not getting my hopes up with their current track record.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Put a couple of hours in with this game today and its not that bad. Reminds me of a shikigami game with an extra dash of bullet hell thrown in for fun. This has both Neo Geo Heroes and KOF Sky Stage on it as well. Couple of fan service things I've seen so far.

-Marco's bomb entails a group of POW's coming out and dropping explosives that turn into bullets. He also retreats into a slug as well later in the fight.

-In the second level in sky stage as you descend up a sky scraper to fight a boss a small geese is falling from the roof of the tower. You can shoot him, but it doesn't seem to do anything special.

All and all its a pretty decent effort by SNKP.