KOF XIII News from Ingnition Entertainment

The Z-Man

20 Year Member
Hey guys, I'm an Editor and Journalist for a gaming/pop-culture website and I'm a huge fan of the Neo in general. I know a couple of people over at Ignition Entertainment and stopped by their booth at this years E3. Like most of you I am dying to get my hands on The King of Fighters XIII, but it was mysteriously absent. I reliable source from Ignition did give me a little info as far as what is going on and I wanted to share it with the community. I also put together a couple of combo tutorials from KOF XII for the fun of it. Check it all out:

http://www.nfamousgamers.com/column/zach-starr/king-fighters-xiii-news-and-combo-tutorials

Last edited:

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
For those that don't like clicking on mysterious links:

The King of Fighters XIII was mysteriously absent from this year's E3. I was very disappointed by this despite KOF XII being a pretty big letdown. XIII looks like it is shaping up to be everything that fans had hoped for, and I for one can't wait. What ruined the last game in this epic series wasn't the game itself, but what the game was missing. No story, terrible online play, and incomplete character move sets were some of the biggest problems.

I spoke with a reliable source at Ignition Entertainment who confirmed the company is in the process of ironing out the final details with SNK/Playmore to bring KOF XIII to home consoles. Apparently, Ignition intended on having two Japanese arcade cabinets with XIII at their E3 booth, but due to a problem with shipping, they did not arrive on time. Talk about a major disappointment; I've been dying to play this game.

Another interesting bit of information is the new netcode Ignition is planning on using. The framework for the netcode is what is currently being used for NeoGeo Battle Coliseum on Xbox Live Arcade; at this point, the second revision of this code is being worked on. This is fantastic news because it means the online play will undoubtedly be better than the atrocious online from KOF XII.

That's all of the inside info I've got for now. Hopefully this will help tide the rest of you over for a while. I also put together a few combo tutorials/exhibitions from XII. They range from your most basic "bread and butter" to some fairly advanced stuff using the Critical Counter System. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

I'm calling bullshit.

Ignition is not a developer, they are a publisher. SNKP will be developing the netcode.

The Z-Man

20 Year Member
Actually, Clarence thanks for correcting me. Of course it is SNKP that is developing the code, but it sounds like a definite that Ignition will be publishing. Ignition is currently helping with the testing of the netcode on KOF XII according to this source. None of this is official, but it all seems very likely.

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
This may sound like a deuce post...

Hey guys, I'm an Editor and Journalist for a gaming/pop-culture website and I'm a huge fan of the Neo in general. I know a couple of people over at Ignition Entertainment and stopped by there booth at this years E3.

http://www.nfamousgamers.com/column/zach-starr/king-fighters-xiii-news-and-combo-tutorials

As an Editor, do you proofread and correct mistakes?

None of this is official, but it all seems very likely.

Credible source..

Last edited:

The Z-Man

20 Year Member
Just wanted to share some information that I received directly from an Ignition Rep. Honestly, I was pretty excited about it all, take it for what it is.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
If it pans out, it's great news. I see no reason to challenge this information as being entirely within the realm of possibility.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
If the netcode is functional, I will certainly buy this. If its as bad as XII, SNKP isnt getting my money

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I'll buy day one if the netcode is worthwhile.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm buying it if the netcode isn't good I'll just play it offline with friends.

This.

There is enough 1P content that even if there is no comp scene for the game, I feel that it is worth the $60 purchase for a 'complete game.'

But with my nephew and his crew getting into SNK fighters more and more these days, I'm thinking there is going to be plenty of local comp for me to get value there, as well.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I feel this game should be free for people that paid 60+ dollars for the beta.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Well, to be fair, this is stated as their long term goal and that they're 'currently' still in the business of bringing Japanese games to the US. Usually, when companies make changes like this, they're generally not 'instantaneous' and there's a transition period involved.

While this may mean they aren't giong to take on any new games for US publishing that are beyond the horizon, it doesn't necessarily mean they won't bring KOF XIII over. I'd think it depends on the timeframe for the game's console release.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
The game is awesome.

A home wersion with a nice netcode would be amazing.

A DCL (?) option to by Adel would be, like, fantastic. :)

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The game is awesome.

A home wersion with a nice netcode would be amazing.

A DCL (?) option to by Adel would be, like, fantastic. :)

The term is 'DLC', for 'Downloadable Content.':)

And I am of the opinion that the character should be available and playable from the start. Because I like him and think he's a cool character.

I need not explain it further:D