MV1C cut traces?

Dilandau

n00b
I just got an MV1C board and I found some traces that appear cut on the underside. Can anyone shed some light on what I am losing with them being cut, or if that's how it's supposed to be? I'm guessing I am losing the header on the top side.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Cue XX in...

That's one of the steps in consolizing the board. It's part of the stereo sound mod.

Dilandau

n00b
Sorry, this is my first MV1C. So leaving it as is won't affect regular functionality?

Dilandau

n00b
So somebody started to consolize it. If I wanted regular Jamma edge sound back I would have to fix the traces. Also, does anyone know the values on C11 and C12? I've figured out the size as 0603 and I get 3nF on C7, does anyone know the volts or have a more definite value on the capacitance?

Last edited:

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
if you want amplified audio from this board you will have to replace the audio amp and caps and var if you want to put this in a cab that is.

if you will be using a supergun or consoling it. do what i did and wire the left and right to l and 10 on the jamma edge thru ac7 and ac8 neg cap legs

my example
cimg1875.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya that's for the stereo mod. According to MKL you don't even need to cut those traces, just remove the amp.

Dilandau

n00b
Okay, so it looks like I need to replace everything that is missing. I have the heatsink and amp still, but it looks like I need to repare the trace and replace the two SMD caps. So, again if anyone knows the values on those I could really use them. Looks like package size isn't a huge issue as there is some wiggle room with the size of the pads. Also if anyone knows which of the electrolitics are for audio and which are for power I could use that as well.