Garou MOTW (AES JPN) - strange CRC Check, boot?

Hi!

I made CRC Check on Garou MOTW - AES cart (JPN) with Unibios 3.0, there is ID, ROM Region is OK, but ROM Banks are “custom”.

What do you say about “custom”??? It sounds badly to me… is it normal for Garou game or is it a fatal sign that my copy isn’t legit??? Garou: Mark of the Boot? XD Mmmh… if the game is a boot, there is nothing to smile for me. I think I’ll start to cry like Dan Hibiky…

I bought the cart years ago, all (game label, case, manual, insert, warning gold sticker) looked, and look now, like an original one. I know, I know… the most important things are the boards! I didn’t open the cart to see them, it's very good locked and for now, if you can and if you have any time, I’m waiting for answers about custom ROM Banks.

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I highly doubt its a boot, just the checksums aren't in the unibios checksum list.

Stop worrying and just enjoy the game.

Ah! I didn't know about Garou checksums absence! It's a comforting news in a way. So when checksums missing CRC Check say "custom", is it right?

Ahaha! You are right ;), I enjoy it from years, but I had unibios 3.0 recently, so I had that question. "Boot phantoms" make paranoia! XD

Thanks for your answer!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Checksums are not a boot detector since it just reads the data on the cart. If the roms have been dumped it can be made into another cart and it will have the same checksum. If you are able to dump the roms then you can email them to Raz and he can put them in the next release of the unibios and then instead of "custom" it will say "ok" since it's on the list now.

Thanks for the answer, I understand better now. I don't know how to dump the roms. :( What is required?