Replacing Joystick and buttons on an X-Arcade Stick

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Hello there everyone

I have an old dual X-Arcade stick and I really hate everything about it except the layout. The stick and buttons are really terrible and I want to replace them. This stick also lags like no tomorrow

Doing some research on the net I found not all Sanwa or Seimitsu parts will fit. However I want to replace just about everything like I said. PCB, stick, buttons. The european version of Sanwa JLW fits but I would prefer to use a JLF one

Does anyone know from experience what will work and what wont?

Last edited:

Pat505

War Room Troll
Are you sure that Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons will fit I don't know about the euro version but most of them I've seen use american style buttons which are generally 28mm. Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons are 30mm a little bigger but if not drilled to size they won't fit. I don't believe that a JLF would fit either since a JLW is a lot bigger I was told it was the same size as an IL or Happ as far as mounting screw placement but really don't know if thats all true.

Anselm

Camel Slug
If you hate everything but the layout, I suggest just building a new case. Take the top off and use it as a template for button/stick placement, buy the buttons/stick you want, and then drill the holes to fit what you buy. You can then modify the external dimensions to tailor fit what you prefer. I mean, if you hate everything but the layout, why even try forcing it?

~Anselm~

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Hello there everyone

I have an old dual X-Arcade stick and I really hate everything about it except the layout. The stick and buttons are really terrible and I want to replace them. This stick also lags like no tomorrow

Doing some research on the net I found not all Sanwa or Seimitsu parts will fit. However I want to replace just about everything like I said. PCB, stick, buttons. The european version of Sanwa JLW fits but I would prefer to use a JLF one

Does anyone know from experience what will work and what wont?

Modification will have to be done but it can work. The Sanwa/Seimitsu buttons are slightly larger...use a dremmel to make the button holes larger. The stick will be difficult since it's much shorter than a U.S. stick. Be creative...once you take it all apart you'll know what everyone is talking about. Personally I would purchase a case made for Sanwa since your probably gonna gut it all anyway.