Playing with Softdips ingame with Unibios via Patch

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
I've been attempting to force blood back on on one of my Korean (rbffs) carts - so here's a bit of fun (maybe everyone knows already but I just found this out so just in case :) )

found out via the web that the area in memory to play with is 0x1010fd84 -> 0x10fd93 which is where the softdip info resides for each game at runtime

example code:

metal slug: 0x1010FD8F 01 turns the blood on ingame even if the softdip is set to white

as a code its a bit pointless if you can get at the softdips - but still interesting

might be possible to use a similar thing to get some of the stuff back into games when played in certain modes that dont normally allow it?

oh yea you can also set a games "level" in this area as well - pretty easy to spot where :) havent tried pushing the number above 8 yet, i'm sure it wont make a difference tho :)

Last edited:

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
was messing with this again - you can in fact make certain games insanely hard past level 8 difficulty - here's an example;

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
0x10DF8D:XX
this is just setting the level softdip bit in memory - past where it should be (1 to 8) -
replace XX with 0F for example for a incredibly hard match against the computer (level 16) 3 hits and your dead...

You may need to start a game and die for the setting to take effect - you can tell its worked by looking at the level display - it should read "level -" and nothing else...

again possibly pointless but interesting, unless you are awesomely good at a certain fighter and want a new challenge i suppose :)