4 slot board wont let me select games, but did earlier?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I just put a 4 slot board in my cabinet. Slot 1 = Magical Drop 3, Slot 2 = Last Blade 2, Slot 3 = Metal Slug, and Slot 4 = Samurai Shodown 5 Special. So I turn on the cabinet and the universe bios boots up (cause I just installed that also), with the initial first time setup screen. Once I get the games to boot up I do a initial game select cycle to make sure all the games are seated properly. I cycle through them all and notice Last Blade 2 isn't coming up. So I turn off the cabinet, take Last Blade 2 out, and put it back in, and turn the cab back on. Now for some reason Magical Drop 3 comes up and I can't cycle through any games? I go into the screen where you hold B,C, and D and notice in the hardware test all the games are recognized. Any ideas why I can't all of the sudden cycle through the games? They seem to be seated properly?

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
Go in the hardware setup , under setting up soft dip - setting up the cabinet, make sure game select is set to Free.
Maybe it got changed or the settings got erased along the way.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Go in the hardware setup , under setting up soft dip - setting up the cabinet, make sure game select is set to Free.
Maybe it got changed or the settings got erased along the way.

You sir are a eff'ing genius! You would think someone who has been playing neo geo for 10 years would have thought of that. I put a quarter in to make sure my LED's were in the right ports on the board. Maybe that had something to do with it.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Oh, good. I almost had a heart attack when I saw this thread.