Neo-Geo 12 slot?

Anselm

Camel Slug
Ok, electronics gurus, tell me if this is theoretically possible...

Splice two jamma connectors together, MINUS the power wires. Then run one set from the spliced jamma's to coin, controls, and monitor. Now run the power wires from both jamma connectors to a switching relay, one that will toggle between connectors. Run one set of wires from the power supply to the switching relay.

Now you have two MVS boards going to the monitor, controls and coin switches, and with an additional button on the console you can toggle which one is currently receiving power from the PSU. Could this work? Whether it's stupid or unnecessary is irrelevant. Could it be done? :)

~Anselm~

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Ok, electronics gurus, tell me if this is theoretically possible...

Splice two jamma connectors together, MINUS the power wires. Then run one set from the spliced jamma's to coin, controls, and monitor. Now run the power wires from both jamma connectors to a switching relay, one that will toggle between connectors. Run one set of wires from the power supply to the switching relay.

Now you have two MVS boards going to the monitor, controls and coin switches, and with an additional button on the console you can toggle which one is currently receiving power from the PSU. Could this work? Whether it's stupid or unnecessary is irrelevant. Could it be done? :)

~Anselm~

Well instead of doing all that hacking you could just buy a jamma switcher. Better use a different power supply for each mobo and I don't know what cabinet your going to house it all in. Crazy, yes it is.

aclbandit

Another Striker
Well instead of doing all that hacking you could just buy a jamma switcher. Better use a different power supply for each mobo and I don't know what cabinet your going to house it all in. Crazy, yes it is.

There are those six-board JAMMA switchers, so in theory (and without daisy-chaining or anything ungodly crazy-like) there's the possibility of having 6x4 = A TWENTY-FOUR SLOT NEO GEO cabinet.

Unnecessary, yes. Awesome? Also yes.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
With that much slots, don't forget to change your monitor bearings and degaussing fluid.