NeoGeo Battle Coliseum (XBLA) - June 9th

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Only 800 space bucks? Not bad at all.

Kaike

Geese's Thug
I already have this for PS2 but would buy this again as long as the net code doesn't suck.

G-sample

Cheng's Errand Boy
Already have it on ps2 but if the netcode is good this time I will get it. Won't be suprised if they drop the ball again.. Hope it turns out well.

Clessy

Banned
Damn, if this keeps up i'ma have to upgrade from a 20!

These games are tiny. Normally around 300mb I dont realistically see you running out of room from snk games.

Btw this is the one i've been waiting for.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Unless it has smooth netcode, I'm not going to bother. I got it on PS2 and rarely play it. Paid about the same for it as well. Saw them at Sam's Club and picked one up. 2002UM on the other hand, is a day one for me, since I never imported it. Hopefully since it's coming out in the spring they'll take their time and work on the netcode and make it play online... :lolz:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Day one.

Hoping for good netcode and translated screens, if only because I want to see that they are actually cognizant of the markets they are releasing these games to.

Jaylb

Banned, CASEY McMAHON, a.k.a. Japhei, known crimin
Hopefully with the updated sprites and online play it will bring the quality of this game up.

I really enjoyed the PS2 and AW versions.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Day one.

Hoping for good netcode and translated screens, if only because I want to see that they are actually cognizant of the markets they are releasing these games to.

Seconded. While only a mild annoyance, with 98 UM i was like, 'WTF with the kanji and kana as default'? Sure, it is switchable in options. . .just seemed slapped together and rushed out. SNKP please take some of Terry's advice and c'mon c'mon- Get Serious! The Western market should be more than an afterthought.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Seconded. While only a mild annoyance, with 98 UM i was like, 'WTF with the kanji and kana as default'? Sure, it is switchable in options. . .just seemed slapped together and rushed out. SNKP please take some of Terry's advice and c'mon c'mon- Get Serious! The Western market should be more than an afterthought.

Yes, a very minor annoyance for me as a long time player, but one that doesn't speak well about SNK-P's attention to marketing and presentation.

I am not going to treat JP language on the screens of my US version of KOF '98 UM as an unholy abomination. This isn't the keystone capers of some of their more well known shenanigans.

But I can't, as a fan of these games, simply accept minor mistakes like this as 'the charming nuances of a quaint little Japanese company.' If it's a major mess, I'll grouse big about it. This is minor, so I'm merely at 'pointing it out' on my frustrate-o-meter.

It's SNK IPs. It's KOF. It's on XBLA. Be professional in all things when you release a product to and, more importantly, FOR a foreign market. If you want people to care about it, you have to treat it like YOU care about it too.

Still getting NGBC. But now I wanna play some KOF '98, dammit. And I'm stuck at work:/

EDIT: Still hoping for a SVC Chaos release, warts and all. SNK-P would only stand to gain from releasing a retooled version of this game on XBLA, especially with people high on Street Fighter right now.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Yeah man. It just begs the question. . . Who made the call? I have uttered this many times since falling down the XII rabbit hole last year. It's frustrating when characters and properties you care about seem to get short shrift so very often. It's like i have Stolcholm syndrome. . .i keep handing over ransom to SNKP- no matter how they abuse me, i still feel drawn to them;). See you all on June 9th. 360 gamertag is in my sig.

LordG_9

Marked Wolf
These games are tiny. Normally around 300mb I dont realistically see you running out of room from snk games.

Btw this is the one i've been waiting for.

I keep two games saved on the HDD.So thats about 13.And the rest is DLC which leaves me left with 1 if this keeps up... yo!

LordG_9

Marked Wolf
EDIT: Still hoping for a SVC Chaos release, warts and all. SNK-P would only stand to gain from releasing a retooled version of this game on XBLA, especially with people high on Street Fighter right now.

If they were to make that happen it would be a blissful day!I have a copy for the xbox. but its not compatible with the 360 :outraged:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I keep two games saved on the HDD.So thats about 13.And the rest is DLC which leaves me left with 1 if this keeps up... yo!

I was in the same boat- my 20 GBHD was full. I copped a 16GB flash drive on the cheap from MicroCenter. Transfered everything but my installed games to the flash drive. Now I'm cool as a the iced tea i'm sippin' on- 9GB free on the HD! All my xbla games work perfect from the flash drive, and i can take the big stuff like mushi BL with me more easily than lugging my HD around.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'll try the demo to see how different it is from the PS2 first.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
NGBC will most likely be translated. This gameplay video of the XBLA version shows an English win quote at 3:30 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8LH_IpEks

I was also annoyed by the Japanese win quotes in KOF '98 UM, but SNKP seems to be improving in this area. I eventually decided to buy the XBLA version of Metal Slug XX and it was fully translated.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
NGBC will most likely be translated. This gameplay video of the XBLA version shows an English win quote at 3:30 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX8LH_IpEks

I was also annoyed by the Japanese win quotes in KOF '98 UM, but SNKP seems to be improving in this area. I eventually decided to buy the XBLA version of Metal Slug XX and it was fully translated.

There is an English option for displayed win quotes, ect. When i mentioned being slightly annoyed at 98UM, it stems from English not being default for Western release. Totally fixable tho: settings- change language to English- viola.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Wait, on KOF 98 UM you can change the displayed language for in game win quotes and such? Where? I tried going to settings and language and didn't see it.

I see it in 'Neo Geo Mode' but ont in UM mode. Is there something I'm missing here?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Wait, on KOF 98 UM you can change the displayed language for in game win quotes and such? Where? I tried going to settings and language and didn't see it.

I see it in 'Neo Geo Mode' but ont in UM mode. Is there something I'm missing here?

Doh! I jumped the gun. I changed settings for neo-geo mode. Assumed it was a blanket change. *puts on Asbestos lined suit in preparation of immenant flames*. My apologies for speaking too soon- i just picked up UM.:$