Best way to clean a MV-1f?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
My MV-1F just arrived and it looks like it needs a good cleaning. It has the usual dirt and grime but also a little rust around the volume controls and a few other small spots. Luckily the cart connects look clean.

Any suggestions on how best to clean the board? How aggressive can I be? Should I use cotton swabs with rubbing alcohol?

*I searched the site for cleaning instructions but could only fine stuff for the carts.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
non-scented detergent with luke warm water(I used to use simple green and water). Remove the battery and any socketed chips first. Let it drip dry for at least 2 hours in a vertical position and then let it dry in the sun for a couple hours. That's what I do. Make sure you don't power the board if any water is still on the board. Some people use canned air to help get the water under the chips before putting it in the sun.

DO NOT put it in a dishwasher.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Grab a PC soft bristle brush and whisk off the excess dust and dirt, then use a very damp cloth to wipe off the dirt that requires a little more attention.
BB