CPS2 Red Screen

Kaike

Geese's Thug
WTF it seems like all my stuff is breaking. Now when I turn on my Marvel vs Capcom all I get is a red screen and a complete black screen when I play Vampire Savior 2. My CPS2 A board is Japanese while MVC is the US version.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Check the battery with a multimeter. Should read 3.something. If she don't read, she's committed suicide! T_T. I know they say blue screen, but mine was rainbowed... :/

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Has neither of the boards been powered on recently? It honestly seems like too big a coincidence that both boards would've suicided at a similar time.

Kaike

Geese's Thug
I checked the mobo and saw that I had three bent pins so I fixed that and play mvc. Then I booted up vampire savior played for 5 min and it went to the test menu and now it back at the red screen. I just bought the vamp savior from fujita so this is me booting it for the first time. Does fujita sell dead boards?

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Well, if it played for 3 minutes, it's NOT dead, clearly.

Those pins, unfortunately, are too easy to bend. It seems, however, if it was playing so recently and you haven't disconnected the boards, the pins must still be in the correct place.

With this in mind, all I can say is I think you should try using your hands to put a *little bit* of pressure on the boards near where the contacts are, to hold them together a little better, while powering on. Try that.

If that doesn't work, pull the B-board off, and check the pins again.

Kaike

Geese's Thug
Putting pressure on it made vamp savior boot up again. Thanks mmsadda you rock.

P.S. I am typing on my iPad so I realize my grammar looks busted but English is my first language lol

mmsadda

10 Year Member
You're welcome. Eh, your spelling and grammar is still better than half the native English-speakers on here. ;) For once, an Apple product DIDN'T make someone look like an R-tard.

And no problem - there are actually some people that take CPS2 boards out of the cases to make them work more easily (makes it slightly easier for the contacts to connect) but I'm all for keeping them in the cases, as they have some protection that way, myself.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
This is the reason why you see a lot of CPS2 games duct-taped together when you pick them up from ops.