Plasma TV'S

Tetsuo311

King's Dry Cleaner
Does anyone here own a Plasma and is burn in as bad as everyone says it is?? I'm really interested in buying one but I play alot of video games. I keep hearing about how life bars and stationary images burn into the screen within a matter of hours. I'd like to hear from someone who actually owns one. Thanks :)

<small>[ May 17, 2003, 10:36 PM: Message edited by: Tetsuo311 ]</small>

Porshapwr

Hardened Shock Trooper
I've talked to quite a few people who own them and they say that it's NOT as bad as people make it out to be.

However, burn in is always a risk.

T_Smallz

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I have a plasma, projection, and a tube television. I've never had any burn in issues, but I'm always very careful not to leave them on more than a couple hours when playing video games. Go ahead and buy the set, you'll love it!

Just be cautious and you'll be fine.

Take care...

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
I'd love to have a Plasma TV, but the prices for those things are friggin ridiculous. I bet video games look unbelievable on them though. Whenever they come down to reasonable prices I'll get one for sure, preferably a 50" screen or larger would be really nice. drool_2

Tetsuo311

King's Dry Cleaner
Hey guys thanks for all the feedback especially to Tsmallz. I really needed to hear from someone that actually owned one. BTW here is a great site on some awesome plasma deals <a href="http://www.plasmahouse.com" target="_blank">www.plasmahouse.com</a>

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
is there anything great about plasma?

it seems like worthless technology to me.

shitty black, burn in, high as hell price.

dlp is where its at.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
My uncle is in the AV business (he sets stuff up and whatnot) and they had to THROW AWAY a plasma TV screen (I don't know the size) because the burnin was so bad. A business rented it for an expo and had a PowerPoint presentation running for the entire convention crying .

<small>[ May 18, 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: DanAdamKOF ]</small>

Robert Wallace

Sieger's Squire
T_Smallz:
I have a plasma, projection, and a tube television. I've never had any burn in issues, but I'm always very careful not to leave them on more than a couple hours when playing video games. Go ahead and buy the set, you'll love it!

Just be cautious and you'll be fine.

Take care...
Off topic question here for TSMallZ....

How much did you pay for your Flip Shot MVS game? It looks like it sold for very cheap on Ebay.

Was that cart an original or a boot?

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3224095172&category=13716" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3224095172&category=13716</a>

Mabey its time to adjust the MVS price guide... spock