Must prove meal slug 2 is bootleg

riggs

n00b
hi, i recently bought off ebay a copy of metal slug 2 aes. it looks the buisness, but on the prolugepage of the instruction manual it has distributed by neo geo greak usa. the seller refuses to give me a refund and pay pal want some third party to authenticate my claim. out side of going to japan and knocking on snkplaymores door, what can i do?. if anyone out there is an expert these matters please advise as i am really anxious and also i'm under a time limit from pay pal. thanks for taking the time to read this.

sincerely
Riggs

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Riggs,

First off, you posted in the wrong area. This part of the forum is for buying and selling Neo games. You should've posted this in "boot or no boot" or more likely General Discussion for something this basic.

Secondly, while you need to be careful with eBay auctions for homecarts, if the seller is absolutely refusing to work with you, you can always file a Paypal dispute and likely win.

Good luck, and familiarize yourself with the forum sections and rules.

-Collin

Heath

, cheyne stoking
hi, i recently bought off ebay a copy of metal slug 2 aes. it looks the buisness, but on the prolugepage of the instruction manual it has distributed by neo geo greak usa. the seller refuses to give me a refund and pay pal want some third party to authenticate my claim. out side of going to japan and knocking on snkplaymores door, what can i do?. if anyone out there is an expert these matters please advise as i am really anxious and also i'm under a time limit from pay pal. thanks for taking the time to read this.

sincerely
Riggs

You wont be able to get a refund without returning it anyway so just send it back tracked(not signed for).when its got there just confirm on paypal that its arrived and they give you a full refund(they will not cover your shipping costs).

PS.I dont see how paypal want you to find out if its a conversion has they wont refund you anyway.they will not refund you and let you keep the game so the seller is out of pocket.The only thing they will do is ask the seller to give a partial refund which he can refuse leaving you the only option of sending it back.

Last edited:

rattanee

n00b
.they will not refund you and let you keep the game

False... they do that all the time and rip the sellers off... that's why I no longer use paypal... and when you try to talk to anyone from paypal, all they give you is pre-written garbage which often has nothing to do with your argument... real shoddy bunch.... :very_ang:

caren103

King's Dry Cleaner
hi, i recently bought off ebay a copy of metal slug 2 aes. it looks the buisness, but on the prolugepage of the instruction manual it has distributed by neo geo greak usa.

It can be a japanese MS2 americanized by NGF?

If all is original from NGF, I am afraid you're out of luck, as according to the settlement agreement between NeoGeoFreak and SNKPlaymore, SNK-Playmore had to issue a public press release stating that the corrected inserts from NeoGeoFreak/NGF-USA are official and were authorized by SNK-Japan.... so for the law, they are legit :-(.

Anyway, post some pictures in the "boot or no boot" section.

JazzyNYC

Kabuki Klasher
"Cause we STILL don't know whether meal slug 2 is a bootleg or not and likely never will.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I think its cool that people were helpful despite the language barrier. I really get fucking mad at fellow speakers when it comes to coming down hard on others, when this language is supposedly a bitch to learn from other angles. SPIN made a great point about this a long time ago.

False... they do that all the time and rip the sellers off... that's why I no longer use paypal... and when you try to talk to anyone from paypal, all they give you is pre-written garbage which often has nothing to do with your argument... real shoddy bunch.... :very_ang:

Yep, i have been scammed myself 2 or 3 times before with this exact thing.
Buyer receives item, starts a dispute about non-receipt, i send scans/photos of the invoice along with tracking information and yet it still ends with me losing the money.

Though ONCE before someone tried this with a $2000 payment and i provided all proof that the item was shipped along with photo evidence and paypal ended the claim in my favour.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I think its cool that people were helpful despite the language barrier. I really get fucking mad at fellow speakers when it comes to coming down hard on others, when this language is supposedly a bitch to learn from other angles. SPIN made a great point about this a long time ago.
Uhh, we speak english here mate :lol:

Regarding that fucking manual, do not give up on getting a refund. I don't care if SNK have said its legal or not, the bottom line is it has been defaced. Its as simple as that.

One of you Americans should really give those 2 faggots what they deserve. I certainly would have by now if I lived over there.

Last edited: