Samurai Showdown WTF?

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Just noticed this today, see pictures, there appears to be another label over the original label, started to peel it back but It started to tear therefore I stopped.

Is this a modified cartridge where some other game was taken out and samurai shodown was replaced?

LMK what you guys think. Game plays fine with no oddities therefore IDKWTF :scratch:

DSC01817.jpg

DSC01818.jpg

pepharytheworm

Super Sidekicks 3
At first when I was reading this I thought you were going to say the label underneath read: Samurai Showdown, instead of Samurai Shodown. I thought that would be neat if the original labels were messed up and they had to replace them because of spelling errors.

SSS

neo retired
that is normal. underneath is the "Samurai Spirits" label found on JP versions. SNK was so lazy, they didn't even remove the label from surplus JP carts when they stuck the US version on.

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Ok i was wondering cause the manual also says below the picture "Samurai spirits" even though the manual is in english.

Sort of reminds me of current time Hong kong pirating specials with cheap scham producings and bad english.

LMAO thanks for the info guys as I thought i was handling a pirated cartridge or something

Last edited: