Another noob

Clevman

n00b
Hi, I'm Jason and I've been a HUGE fan of Neo stuff since I saw them in Babbages (old school video game store name drop!) when they cost $600 and each huge game cost $200. I dreamed of having one then, and it was an old friend from high school who got me finally collecting late last year. Now, much like others on here have said, there is no turning back, and I'm addicted. I have 27 games now and have done a bit of trading/buying with a few members on here now, and I'm definitely planning to stick around here. Probably will get back into the Neo Geo Pocket stuff again later this year too, I had all the good stuff, UK Faselei! Ogre Battle and about 30 other games about six years ago...and sold it all for some reason. That won't be happening again, but for now I'm obsessed with getting a couple more games, namely Soccer Brawl, Street Hoops, Windjammers, and eventually...Mark of the Wolves AES.

At any rate, nice to be here with all you good people!

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
We have an indigenous population of
humanoids here called the neo-geos. They’re
fond of games which can stop your heart in one minute.
We operate -- we live -- at a constant
threat condition yellow.

As memeber of neo-geo.com, it’s my job to keep
you alive. I will not succeed --
(pausing for effect)
-- not with all of you. If you wish to
survive, you need a strong mental
attitude, you need to follow rules neo-geo rules...

memories

n00b
Welcome along mate. Come for the knowledge, stay for the friendly atmosphere.

Or something.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Howdy bud, sound as though you have a decent collection already :buttrock:. Welcome aboard.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Welcome. Nine year member here. I have experienced the drama so just hang in there.

Kibagami-Howard

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hello you guy's i'm also new. I seem to have trouble trying to post a thread or even look at my own profile can somebody explain to me why this is happening?

Anselm

Camel Slug
Hello you guy's i'm also new. I seem to have trouble trying to post a thread or even look at my own profile can somebody explain to me why this is happening?

The forum has some kind of 30 day grace period before you are allowed to create posts. They don't bother to tell anyone this...

~Anselm~

BigDeadFreak

Rugal's Thug
Hi and welcome.

I'm new here too and waiting to post a proper thread introducing myself. After that I'll probably drive everyone mad with and endless sucession of questions.

Hi. I'm joined a few days ago and still waiting for the "grace period" to be over. I thought maybe there was some kind of technical problem but now I know reading this post!

I just got into Neo Geo collecting about two months ago and I already got a Gold system and 15 games!! :)

I been into collecting games for many years now and got quite the elite collection of mainly SEGA stuff from Genesis/Mega Drive to Dreamcast and I also have a NEC Turbo Duo and NES. Maybe i'll post some screenshots when I can actually post and not just reply!

Oh great first post and I make a grammer mistake "I'm joined a few days ago...." LOL
Can't even edit my own posts!

Mathius

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

That would explain everything. It is happening to all of us, I guess.

I don't own a system or any games yet, but that will change someday. It is just a great feeling to be among "my people."

I am currently collecting for the systems I didn't get to play when I was younger like the PC Engine/Turbografx. The Neo-Geo will be my last, final award for waiting patiently all these years.

I would like the help of anyone on these forums to get me started in this most fascinating of game consoles. Bring on the BIG DOG!:cool: