Greetings from a new neo geo fan

TempestPSO

n00b
Hello all just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a 26 year old long time gamer who has finally decided to take the leap into neo geo addiction. I have just recently picked up a neo geo mvs 2 slot cab and I'm afraid there is no turning back now. I fear a bookshelf full of shockboxes is in my future. I have one quick question and its probly better suited on the tech support board but I'll start here. My second slot on my neo geo works however the graphics appear with lines through them much like when old nes games are trying to work. Any help would be appreciated. Hope to spend alot of time here, and if I'm not on the MVS you can always find me on xboxlive gamertag TempestPSO

Anselm

Camel Slug
Have you tried cleaning it? Usually worked for old NES problems. I'd start with looking at all the contacts. Make sure they look similiar in distance and form from each other. Then try cleaning them. If that doesn't work, flip it over and take a look at all the solder joints. You may need something to magnify your view. Cold solder joints can be hard to identify. Beyond that you'll have to get a reply from one of the seasoned MVS collectors for known solutions.

~Anselm~

TempestPSO

n00b
Thanks for the welcome and the help, I moved my tech question over to the support forums and am getting some things to try. I'm very grateful that a community like this exists, I'd be lost without it.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
As everone else has said, welcome aboard and for tech help, the guys in this place are the best :D

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Welcome aboard.The 2nd slot sounds like a cleaning issue indeed.

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
I can't post my own thread yet in any forum, so I guess I will try posting here. Welcome to OP and myself...

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
you should be able to post in the welcome forum from day one :scratch:
Thanks. That tells me that something may be up with my account.

I still can't create threads in any forum, I can't reply in some forums, and I can't view other people's profile or my own. It keeps telling me that I don't have permission to do this or an admin hasn't enabled my account. I am going to see if I can put in a reply to someome's thread in the help forum and see if someone there can help.

aria

Former Moderator
Sometimes posts get caught in the moderation queue (there are some flags the forum system looks for), as I'm the one who usually checks it (and was gone for 10 days) it got a little backlogged... any mod can clear it though.

Camp

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
Slobodan Milošević;3045572 said:
Sometimes posts get caught in the moderation queue (there are some flags the forum system looks for), as I'm the one who usually checks it (and was gone for 10 days) it got a little backlogged... any mod can clear it though.
So it's either that or the whole "make 100 posts or wait a month" thing I finally read in some thread somewhere. Whatever. I just won't introduce myself then.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Welcome! Now, if it'd let me post my introduction instead of telling me that I don't have permission to pm people or start a thread, then every one of us can be happy :)

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
So it's either that or the whole "make 100 posts or wait a month" thing I finally read in some thread somewhere. Whatever. I just won't introduce myself then.

Awww, cheer up.

pouting-little-girl-istock_000006840535xsmall5.jpg