Sega STV - Funky Head Boxers not working

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Okay, I just bought a Sega STV cartridge of Funky Head boxers from a reputable member here whom I've dealt with a few times before. He said he last used the cartridge around a year ago and it was absolutely fine. Now at my place, it seems completely dead, even after several cleanings. Now, I know these boards are finnicky about clean carts and good connections, but I just can't imagine it's still dirty. Does anyone have any thoughts as to what else could be wrong? It's not the mobo - the other STV cart I bought from the guy plays fine on it.

As a point of reference, I also have two other dead copies of this cart that I got in a batch of a dozen from a guy in Sweden (tho it included several other non-working games) - does this game just die more often? Is there a suicide battery to it? Why is this one not working, and why are there so many non-working copies out there?

Thanks

Collin

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You might have to change the settings of the board to get it to work. iirc I had to change the number of player on the board to I think 1 player because it's usually 2 cabs linked. And I think FHB only works in a certain region.

You might have to change the settings of the board to get it to work. iirc I had to change the number of player on the board to I think 1 player because it's usually 2 cabs linked. And I think FHB only works in a certain region.

yeah XX is right you have to change the number of players on the cab

Sea Bass fishing needs the board set to just one player also

I call dibs on one of the other FHB carts if thats the problem :lol:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Awesome! Thank you, James! Would you happen to know whether it's a dip switch or soft dip setting? If it is the former, would you know which one?

BTW, PM me if you still need a 2-slot. If not, it's no big deal ;)

yeah XX is right you have to change the number of players on the cab

Sea Bass fishing needs the board set to just one player also

I call dibs on one of the other FHB carts if thats the problem :lol:

Whoa, awesome. Yeah, I bought this batch of carts that were half non-working thinking that many of them COULDN'T be dead, and got a few of them to work with some cleaning - one or two other titles likely won't work for the same reason (mahjong games)

Anyhow, Norm, send me a PM tonight