Was any carts glued on purpose?

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Hey I have a Sengoku 3 eng that I bought back in 06' off ebay. But here lately I've really been looking at the cart carefully. It seemed to bow slightly in the center. So I decided to open it today and all the tabs unhooked just fine but on the left side (looking at the board contacts) the cart wouldn't come apart. So I think someone or very very unlikely (but I hope) the factory might have glued one of the plastic dowels that run through the boards together. I wanted to see if any of you guys have heard of noise factory doing this?

I'll get some pic's up tomorrow of cart sticker, insert, and manual. Damn photobucket isn't working tonight.

Last edited:

SuperDeadite

Zero's Tailor
Glue is normal on AES cart dowels. The first time a cart is opened, you have to break the glue. This helps a lot in finding fakes actually. As broken glue is a dead give away that the cart has been opened before. The newer games tend to have less or at least weaker glue. Maybe some carts never had the glue, I've never owned a NOS cart, so I can't be certain. But all of my 95' and earlier games have it.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Well I would really like to open it up just to be sure. But, the glue is really holding I know if I pry it apart it will most likely break a piece out of the cart casing. And I just can't take that risk :annoyed: The insert looks authentic as does the manual. I'm gonna try to get the pic's up again today so you guys can see what I'm talking about.