Can something like this be fixed?

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
See pic where there are artifacts/graphical glitches.
P1010021.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm gonna guess this is a PGM and it looks like your battery is leaking and damaged some traces. And yes it can.

Darklighterx

20 Year Member
It is a PGM. The game is Demon Front and the glitches occur at the same spots every time.

You don't think the cartridge is bad?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Nope. I said that because I fixed that problem before.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Check your battery for leaks, you might want to remove it so look under it. One thing to look out for also is sometimes when the battery leaks it seems to somehow get on the legs of the big SMD chips and corrode them. Post a pic if you can.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Yeah man, check that battery. I had one leak on me and cause damage, luckily Xian was able to fix it. From now on all my PGM hardware is battery free.

Darklighterx

20 Year Member
After looking at the unit, I've determined that I can't get to the battery. This is a consolized unit and I do not know how to get it apart without messing it up.

Would anyone here like to take a look at it? I would of course compensate for time/labor/shipping, etc.

I do know that the battery was replaced.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
channelmaniac is in Texas. He fixes boards but I don't know if that goes for the consolized mods as well. You might want to pm him to ask about it.

Testocules

Fio's Quartermaster
I would recommend Channelmaniac, he has fixed neo stuff for me before. He is in Lewisville, TX. As far as the board being consolized being an issue, I would not think it would matter as long as the JAMMA edge is still able to be used. He will probably have to remove whatever base the PGM is mounted to so that the mobo can be removed. IIRC, I do not even think the mobo is screwed down...anyway, I bet he can fix it.

Last edited:

Darklighterx

20 Year Member
Yeah. I PM'ed him before making this thread but he has not responded.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Been busy doing a lot of things outside the forums... :(

I can look at it. You want to drop by with it one night?

I can do it for cash or painting if you are handy with a brush. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I have to get the old workshop redone for another business venture.

o1s1n

n00b
Hey guys, any more info on this?

I have a very similar problem with the same game. It'll be playing fine and then certain sprites will have a fuzzy type distorted square glitch about them. It mostly happens with big bosses. One of their limbs might move and you'll get this square glitchy thing. Also during big explosions or when there's a lot going on screen. Certain levels are perfectly fine every time though. And some bosses. But for particular levels it gets so bad that you can't really enjoy playing the game as you keep seeing all these square gitches everywhere.

I only have two games for the PGM, this and Knights of Valour. Knights of Valour runs perfectly without any issues at all. So I thought it was just a dodgy game until I read this thread.

Anyway, after reading this and a few other bits, I removed the battery and used baking soda to try and get rid of any remaining battery acid. The gliching still remains for Demon Front though. The edge connector is also damaged at the end where the battery was. Originally I thought it was due to misuse (This particular unit was fairly old and dusty), but now I'm thinking it's actually from leaking acid?

DSC_0663.jpg