NeoGeo Heroes Ultimate Shooting

lordnikon

Another Striker
http://kontownia.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/neogeo_heroes.jpg

NeoGeo Heroes Ultimate Shooting for PSP

Looks like a port of KOF Skystage. Vertical shooters in a horizontal 16:9 letter-box are a silly experience, especially on a smaller screen (so we are talking gameplay that takes up 1/3rd of a PSP screen). Hopefully tate options are available so you can tilt the PSP.

At least its nice to see the oldschool neogeo logo making a return.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
Looks like it could be fun. Reminds me a little of Gunbird 1 and 2 which I liked.

I hope it comes to PSN and XBOX live eventually.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It lists Sky Stage as one of the game modes with the options of number of lives, bomb stock, stage select etc. The survival mode sounds like a boss rush, and subject mode seems like a collections of "achievements" a la medals in SNK Arcade Classics Vol.1.

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
It lists Sky Stage as one of the game modes with the options of number of lives, bomb stock, stage select etc. The survival mode sounds like a boss rush, and subject mode seems like a collections of "achievements" a la medals in SNK Arcade Classics Vol.1.

How about a code that allows the player to use the Last Resort, Alpha Mission. and Ghost Pilots crafts.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
How about a code that allows the player to use the Last Resort, Alpha Mission. and Ghost Pilots crafts.

I don't see it mentioned on the scan. But then again, the article scanned was written when the game was at 70% completion.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I don't like these Ikaruga-like shooters, especially the cheap looking ones that have been popping up lately (Not to mention having a game that is based on such a lame idea)

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I personally like the idea of a handeheld release better than a download.

Maybe I'm just old but I hate download games!!!

I always want something physical!

A tate mode is indispensible though because otherwise it will look more than dumb on a PSP screen!

Anyone thinks this will get a EU release?

lordnikon

Another Striker
On PSP is fail, should have been a PSN/XBL download.....

No. On PSN/XBL it is fail. Software downloaded from those services is only as good as the lifespan of your console, since it is tied to the system ID it was downloaded on. You cannot perminantly backup games that you purchase from those services. Eventually, these companies shutdown and or restructure the services, taking games down, or changing the service all together. Buying games in such a fashion where you cannot perserve them for future use is more like an extended rental system.

I still play Sonic games on my Genesis released decades ago. I would want to do the same with any current game I buy. Years from now, I still want to be able to play it.

Therefore, the PSP version version is superior. I get to own a physical copy, with the key word being "own".

Furthermore, the experience (for me at least) will be no different than if it were running on a console... since that is how I have my PSP setup. (Running out to SDTV, with my arcade stick hooked up) Only real difference is slightly smaller viewing area.

The main issue here though is 'pay to own'. For some on here, this doesn't matter since there are many who never manage to actually hold onto anything they buy for an extended period of time. Some are career buyer/sellers with their gaming setup in constant flux. For those such as myself, when I buy something I plan on keeping it.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If the game is never released in physical form, once the system is dead it would be very susceptible to piracy.

Jaylb

Banned, CASEY McMAHON, a.k.a. Japhei, known crimin
I plan on putting this in Tate mode on a TV with component cables. Wonder how it will work out.

elixir

NAM-75 Vet
No. On PSN/XBL it is fail. Software downloaded from those services is only as good as the lifespan of your console, since it is tied to the system ID it was downloaded on. You cannot perminantly backup games that you purchase from those services. Eventually, these companies shutdown and or restructure the services, taking games down, or changing the service all together. Buying games in such a fashion where you cannot perserve them for future use is more like an extended rental system.

Releasing this compilation on PSN or XBLA would make it way more enjoyable, though. I mean come on, there's not many shooters that work well with handhelds.

And XBLA games can be downloaded as much as you like, and backed up to as many memory units/USB drives/HDDs as you like. That crappy Metal Slug 3 port to XBLA you purchased in '07 isn't going anywhere.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
How well did those previous slug games available over the PSN/XBLA do?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Played Sky Stage in Fukuoka. It's a pretty basic shooter. Not really bad or good. Didn't really notice the slowdown stormS mentioned in the other thread.