King of Fighters 13 Intro Cinematic

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
I like it!

but who were the guys in black dressed like a mix of the Heavenly Kings and a snuggie family? Is the new face team returning?

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
thank god.
hopefully this is ash and co's last game.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Pretty good. Definitely better than the last couple. The openings for XI and XII (and Neowave, if that counts) were pretty terrible.

As far as Ash goes, I hope he and Duolon are in every single KOF ever made from now on.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Pretty good. Definitely better than the last couple. The openings for XI and XII (and Neowave, if that counts) were pretty terrible.

As far as Ash goes, I hope he and Duolon are in every single KOF ever made from now on.

If KOF is to go on, DuoLon will play a major role in the next possible 'saga': he's the key of the Lin/Ron/Hizoku/DragonSpirit subplot. :)

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
That had better not be all of it… too short, and too many quick cuts :mad:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Not a big fan of Ash as the "main character", but he's one of my favorite characters in KOF. I really hope he's in future releases as well.

As for the video, looked decent if short! I'm definitely excited for this one, and more likely to buy it than I was KOF 12. Though I still need to pick that one up. . .

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I don't think that's the game intro, just the game preview they showed in that official debut convention for the game.

That being said, it's STYLISH AS HELL!

I love the sense of stone-heaviness of Mukai coming (back) down to Earth.

And Ash going blanking crazy having gained all of the three sacred waepons is just sooo classy.

This game is not only going to be good. This is going to be epic.

Black Shroud

Mr. Big's Thug
Someone posted this "explanation" in SNK wikia

After absorbing Iori's powers, Ash gets cursed with the Orochi seal with his eye being affected on the process, although he didn't know that Iori's magatama was cursed and tainted by the Orochi seal, he gets a new form with unexplained powers, his clothes change to white and his skin gets bleached, his eyes also change to red.

I noticed that two times during the intro, a black silhouette of a man(?) appears. First time at 00:24 together with whole b&w blinking image of Mukai walking forward, and second time at 00:30 (once "Climax of the Ash Saga" words disappear) the silhouette stands under some giant arc and casts the shadow towards the screen.

And can someone tell me what the image at 00:28 (black & red painting with three circular objects -black one, black & red one, and red one-) is supposed to represent. Is that three sacred treasures?

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
About Ash, his behaviors and stuff.

Ash eyes turn read every time he 'activate' his own power (green hot wax flame), look closely at KOF2003 intro to confirm it by yourself.

Ash tried to seize all the three sacred weapon, aka Japan Imperial Treasure, namely the Kusanagi Sword, the Yasakani Magatama and the Yata Mirror. Those three regalia are in truth the three 'powers' of the three family which defeated Orochi 2000 years ago: Kusanagi, Yasakani e Yata. In the myth, Yasakani freezes Orochi, Kusanagi slays the beast and Yata seal it off away for good. In fact, the Kagura family (once 'Yata'), retains the key to the seal of Orochi. But, as things went on, a feud started inbetween the Kusanagi and Yasakani family, resulting in the Yasakani being lured by the Orochi power itself. Since then, the Yasakani flames became purplish (they were originally crimsom just as Kusanagi's), and all the Yasakani family member had short lifespan, not to talk about the risk of going berserk (Riot of the Blood) when a source of Orochi power is too close. All of this is because the Yasakani became *half*blooded with the Orochi strain, and they changed their surname from Yasakani to Yagami.

That being said, Ash got Chizuru's power in the end of KOF2003. He got a new special move in XI for that, a 'sealing one' IIRC, just as Kagura. Ash got Iori's power in the end of KOFXI, hence Iori being flameless in KOFXII/XIII. He's getting Kyo's power during the story of KOFXIII, most likely just in time to became a sub-boss (a là Iori/Leona going into Riot of the Blood in'97).

This are the guidelines for this year story.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Looks okay, though nothing beats '96 or '98 intros.

saner

Krauser's Henchman
best intro ever! goes to show it doesn't need to be long to be epic!

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
naw the best intro is the sega dreamcast one. i was kinda expecting something like that. this is good though.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
idk...ash is just a girly Guile. He's still a good character.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Except almost all of the others, particularly '95, 2000 and '01.

'01 kicked some serious ass, different but epic. I think 13's intro wouldve been a little better if they had more shots of the other characters.

Akira_Tekagi

Kula's Candy
KOF XIII's intro looks like a teaser that shows short clips of the game's cutscenes. It would be great if SNKP used the characters' voice actors to produce spoken dialogue for the game's cutscenes, endings and character conversations.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Probably the shortest intro for a KoF game I've seen in a long time.

Terrible.