A UK gamer enters the Neo Geo Temple

Yiggy

n00b
Hello everyone.

I'm a 30 something gamer who has finally decided to bite the bullet and buy an AES along with all the pleasure (and pain) that it may bring. I have been playing and collecting retro games for years but up till now my primary choices have been the PC Engine and the Mega Drive.

I owned a NGPC years ago with half a dozen titles and have obviously been aware of the NG systems for years but the AES always had a certain mystique about it which kept it at arms length. The usual story applies of playing MVS arcade titles like Art of Fighting n my youth and longing for a home unit but not being rockefellers this was never reallyan option.

So when I saw a sale on a forum I frequent I decided to give this whole 'proper hardcore' thing a go. My initial reaction to getting some play time on my new machine has been good. To steal a phrase from Ronald "Im lovin' it" lol.

My initial games consist of...

Art of Fighting
Samurai Spirits 1 & 2
Fatal Fury Special
Joy Joy Kid
KOF '98
Super Sidekicks 2
Magician Lord
Blue's Adventure

...so mainly cheapies really. However I am looking forward to picking up a few more. Possibly from the Market place on here if there are some good opportunities.

I am a new AES gamer and my favourite thing this week is holding the beautiful cartridge boxes in my hands and savouring that hardcore plastic nineties aroma. Mmmmmm. :)

Anyway. Hi guys.