Holy $#%^!...Ironclad on US Virtual Console!!!

J. Max

judas,
I don't know why I'm so shocked about this...but I am. Ironclad on the US VC!!!

IRONCLAD
Original platform: NEOGEO
Publisher: D4 Enterprise
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Fantasy Violence, Mild Language
Price: 1,000 Wii Points
Description: IRONCLAD is a side-scrolling shoot-'em-up originally developed by SAURUS in 1996. You operate a warship and team with the mighty Iron Clad in order to fight the Iron Mask Republic and save the Kingdom of Chop. The biggest appeal of this game comes from discovering all the ways you can attack your enemies. Your weaponry includes three main blast weapons upgradable by collecting more items, a charged attack you can use when Iron Clad is attached to your ship, three types of melee weapons you can brandish to show off your strength in close-range combat, a bomber that clears all enemy bullets, and shooting patterns that change based on whether the Iron Clad is attached or disconnected from your ship. A vast array of weaponry lies waiting to become part of your arsenal. You can even select the stages you want to play, feeding your hunger for combat and allowing you to see different endings for each play-through.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Sorry man, but someone realized this a while back, That's how people are making MVS carts of it: They take that code (which is the original MVS code) and make a boot cart with it.

That does remind me I should buy this, though.

J. Max

judas,
Sorry man, but someone realized this a while back, That's how people are making MVS carts of it: They take that code (which is the original MVS code) and make a boot cart with it.

That does remind me I should buy this, though.

It was on the Japanese VC, not the US one. The US one just got it today. I knew about the Japanese version, but I'm really, really surprised that it got a US release.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Oh, Really? I wasn't aware of that.

Well, WOOHOO! Now I can download it without going to whatever trouble downloading the Japanese one would entail.

Thanks for the info!

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Maybe us europeans will eventually get it too then :), i wont hold my breath though.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Buy it up guys. It might lead to SNKP making a Crossed Swords 2 release.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Well if it gets a european release it might be worth taking my Wii online and downloading it... rather than playing the cars game with my daughter :oh_no:

1980te72

New Challenger
Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded it. Now if only i had the extra to get Rondo, so i just used my left overs and got Castlevania 3.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Just DLed it, but for some reason, Rondo errors on me :scratch:

Would be really awesome to get X'd swords II.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
How's the version of it on the VC? Never played the game before, but I guess I'll look up some videos of the game to see how it looks. Wish they'd let you demo games on the VC, so hopefully it's good.

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
No Dracula X isnt up yet. they put up the pc-engine version(import) on the Us Virtual console, like 2 or 3 weeks ago.

That's what I meant. I still have the PC copy, but I sold my Turbo Duo a long time ago. I hated the TG16's game pads.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
So the MVS version of Ironclad was an unreleased prototype (that only SNKP had a copy of)? Hopefully they will release more unreleased MVS games on the Virtual Console.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Cheers Professor Denim, shows you how much i look at the wii virtual console :)

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
I played through it before, it's marginal. By the end of the second level I didn't care anymore.

it´s a game to play for highscore, not to finish it.

Things get much interesting only doing close range attacks.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Fortunately, there's a "feature" in the game that makes most bosses run away if you're too tired to shoot them to death.