Real AES Cart of Fake?

mystikal1000

Banned
I am fairly new to the Neo Geo system and games. I am curious how can I confirm I receive the real deal AES carts, not some boot or fake copy?

Any pointers?

I appreciate the feedback!

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Look in the tech forum theres a subsection called boot or no boot, you should get all your asnwers there :)

CraKoKaiN

New Challenger
Welcome to the boards :)

There are many ways to tell if a game is a fake/convert.

1) Fakes are mostly the rare/expensive homecarts.
2) There is no manual for the game.
3) The insert is diffrent from the original.
4) The cart sticker itself or manual is slightly diffrent.

There have been some well made conversions out there....pretty much the only way you can tell if the game is original or not...is to open the cart & take a look at the boards.

If your looking to buy rare/expensive homecarts i would personally recommend avoiding Ebay & deal with reliable members on the boards.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
Although for alot of aes carts it appears opening them up is the only way to be sure but other guys are experts at this stuff :buttrock:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Some of the conversions and boots do come with fake manuals (many with apparent differences from the genuine), so if you spot something suspicious, take photos and post them for people to identify them easier.

kasemase

New Challenger
I agree with CraKoKaiN 's comment about ebay. I use to buy EVERYTHING from ebay. Ever since I joined here, I not only got better deals, but members have a better idea if they own a boot or not. At least more so, than random ebay sellers.