Capcom Vs. SNK 3 announced?!?

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
31_cvs3fools.jpg

I can't read Japanese well; can anyone translate? Anyhow, should be awesome! Looks like it'll be 2D judging by the picture. . . I'd bet Capcom is still REAL strong with 2D fighters!

I'll be looking foward to it! :)

mmsadda

10 Year Member
Oh, You will love this game and you know it!

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
While this would be neat, it ain't happening. April Fools, I guarantee you.

I want a new Vampire game with the SF4 engine.

Deuce

At any rate, that screenshot doesn't look 2D. It looks like shaded 3D, in the vein of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

See, with the straight-up cel shading fad having come and gone, and technology now having reached the point where 3D can really look like stupidly smooth 2D animation (ie. Naruto UNS), I'd love to see more games use stylized shading techniques. If, for instance, Samurai Shodown Sen had made use of a shader to make it look like Kitasenri's design artwork in motion, that would have been pretty spectacular.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'm sure KoF XII v TvC would make a great game.

But this is a shop

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
At any rate, that screenshot doesn't look 2D. It looks like shaded 3D, in the vein of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

See, with the straight-up cel shading fad having come and gone, and technology now having reached the point where 3D can really look like stupidly smooth 2D animation (ie. Naruto UNS), I'd love to see more games use stylized shading techniques. If, for instance, Samurai Shodown Sen had made use of a shader to make it look like Kitasenri's design artwork in motion, that would have been pretty spectacular.

+1

Man, SUCH a great idea.

Deuce

+1

Man, SUCH a great idea.

Glad you agree. I think a 3D Last Blade (with 2D gameplay) made to look like Tonko's artwork would be equally awesome, conceptually.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Glad you agree. I think a 3D Last Blade (with 2D gameplay) made to look like Tonko's artwork would be equally awesome, conceptually.

Yeah, I totally agree.

Watching the intro vids for SF IV, the first thing I thought was 'how cool would a SS game that had those kind of charcoal art/smoke efects' in it. It would be like woodblock prints come to life, which is totally befitting a samurai themed fighting game.

But doing a Kitasenri style 'cel-shading' for a 3D SS fighter would have been a master stroke of genius.

Same with a Tonko LB style thing.

Deuce

Yeah. They hint at it when you do the Issen. It goes high-contrast black and white, a la the 2D portraits in SS64. I will still champion that game (SS64, that is) as having the best presentation that SNK's ever mustered. Easily worth checking out for that alone.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Looks like some mugen garbage. Definitley fake. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do it in the future though.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Looks like some mugen garbage. Definitley fake. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do it in the future though.

If KOF XIII does well enough to get SNK back in the game, anything's possible.

This is my fervent pipe dream.

Deuce

Okay, I'm going to wax idealistic for a minute... Imagine if those awesome Kitasenri portraits were completely static and looked 2D until you selected the character, and then just moved into a character-specific animation (ie. Kyoshiro spinning the naginata and posing) with no transition. In other words, it wasn't actually a portrait, but the 3D model, frozen in place until the animation routine started. I can see it in my head, but I'm not sure I'm explaining it very well.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Okay, I'm going to wax idealistic for a minute... Imagine if those awesome Kitasenri portraits were completely static and looked 2D until you selected the character, and then just moved into a character-specific animation (ie. Kyoshiro spinning the naginata and posing) with no transition. In other words, it wasn't actually a portrait, but the 3D model, frozen in place until the animation routine started. I can see it in my head, but I'm not sure I'm explaining it very well.

You are, and in doing so you're making it harder and harder for me to appreciate SNK-P for not thinking of this idea.

Deuce

You are, and in doing so you're making it harder and harder for me to appreciate SNK-P for not thinking of this idea.

You don't even want to think about all the ideas that a friend and I came up with for a hypothetical Last Blade 3, then...

mmsadda

10 Year Member
While this would be neat, it ain't happening. April Fools, I guarantee you.

I want a new Vampire game with the SF4 engine.
Correct!

Yup. look at the name of the image. . .
Oh man.... that would RULE!

Good catch. ;) Did you see this on Arcade Otaku already?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
If KOF XIII does well enough to get SNK back in the game, anything's possible.

This is my fervent pipe dream.

Yea, No doubt. Would prefer that capcom handles it though. Let capcom do all the work while snk just sits back and collects. Thats all SNKP is good for. I hope they prove me wrong with KOF XIII.

mmsadda

10 Year Member
SNKP needs to put in the work to make new IP, or take a shot at a series they haven't attempted yet. KOF was cool when we got a new one a year among many other SNK games; when they don't have new characters coming from FF or Garou or AOF or wherever, the series gets boring.

Seriously, I'd love to see a new CVS and a new SVC, but ONLY after SNK has made a couple new fighting games outside of the KOF and Sam Sho series.

Deuce

Garou: Shadow of the Wolf, on Taito Type X-2. 3D graphics, 2D plane. 60fps. Looks like the Garou ending scenes in motion.

I claim this thread as my own personal territory for flights of SNK gaming fancy.

Someone give me the director job, a competent staff and the budget, and I'd make some SNK franchises shine again.

Last edited: