New MVS Owner

faylo

n00b
Hello,

I am a new owner of an 2 slot MVS cabinet. I bought it from a friend who picked it up at auction some years ago. It came with 5 games. Metal Slug, Last Blade 2, Windjammers, Magical Drop 2 and Thrash Rally.

I have fired it up and played all of the carts but things seem a little flaky. There is fine coating of dust on the PCB and CRT so I am going to blow everything out and clean it up before playing further. I may cap it, but am not sure if that is necessary at this point. The display only has a little distortion at the top and colors are good. Of more concern would be the flakiness of the main PCB. I suspect cold/old solder joints for this. I will know more once it is cleaned. But that will have to wait till I return from Hong Kong!

Speaking of Hong Kong, I am here for the wedding of my nephew and that is now done. The reception was held at the Hong Kong Jockey Club. :buttrock: I had heard it was nice and that was quite the understatement. Wow. This event was a memorable life experience. Now however, it is time to shop. I will be headed to Mong Kok and Sham Shui Po and be looking for some Neo Geo stuff. I've checked out Tsuen Wan and didn't find anything, but I will go again as that is where we are staying. This site has given me some places to go and I have some posts printed out to guide me.

Well, it seems I have written a book for an intro, so I'll cut it short. I am looking forward to fixing up this cabinet and make it as nice as possible with out breaking the bank. This trip has broken the bank for the time being. I also have two pinballs for my arcade that are both fully functional that I have fixed up.

I am thankful for this forum as it has already given me a wealth of information in my quest to add a Neo Geo to my small collection.

For those that speak Cantonese, yes, my username is what it seems.
Later,
-jim