KOF XIII New Character Prediction Thread

Fett

Camel Slug
c20100325_kof13a_17_cs1w1_640x360.jpg

So far the 3 revealed characters are King, Mai, and Yuri, however there are still 6 mystery characters and most likely 2 unlockable Boss characters.

My predictions so far are:

Iori team: Vice (Mature apparently isn't dead, so why not?)
AoF team: Takuma
Pscho Soldier team: K', Maxima, (Whip or Kula)
Kim & Raiden team: Toughest guess.. Blue Mary? (Been in every KOF before 12 since 97) or a new character (Raiden was the only new guy in 12)

Bosses:
Orochi Ash
Chizuru/Maki (3rd Orochi descendant Ash took his powers from..)

Last edited:

snk`

Kula's Candy
Pscho Soldier team: K', Maxima, (Whip or Kula)

Psycho Soldier Team is already there:
Athena, Kensou and Chin Getsai

Do they still mention K's team as NESTS? Don't know, but they should really not forget K'.

I dislike Maxima.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Everything is already known since the release of that code from the console version of XII, you know.

Takuma is the one still missing in Kyokugenryuu Team.
Vice is the one missing in Iori Team.
Hwa Jai is the one missing in the Garou Rival Team.

At the time, Billy was also planned. Seeing the roster now, he may possibly have been dropped.
Or be a mid-boss or something. Or take the place of Hwa Jai in the Rival Team.

About the blanking new team, seems the announced K' crew will be let out anyway, and a new Team, supposedly an 'Hizoku Team' will be unveiled.

So we have already:

Lin
Ron
Misty
Sai
Chato
Ran

We'll ses... :)

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
new face team prediction here

kshira

Crazed MVS Addict
Here's hoping for Oswald somewhere in the mix.

Oh and maybe Geese. Even though he has no place in this storyline.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I would personally like to see someone non "shoto" take that third slot on thee AoF team. Maybe Eiji since he's been used before or hell throw a complete curveball and give me somebody like Jon or even Mr. Big.

O.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Wants along with guesses.

AOF Team:

Want-Marco Rodriguez
Guess-Takuma Sakazaki

Iori Teaim:

Want-Don't care because I don't care about them
Guess-Vice

FF Rival Team:

Want-Billy Kane (weapon fighter fits the KOF Kim team dynamic of Kim with two 'reformed' bad guys; Kim Kaphway-agile weapon fighter-musclebound fighter). Blue Mary is okay with me too, though.
Guess-Blue Mary

Mystery Team:

Want-K', Maxima, Kula
Guess-K', Maxima, Kula or Whip

Sub bosses and bosses (all guesses, I don't really care who they are as long as the game has bosses)

Kusanagi, Adelheid, Dark Ash, Orochi, Chizuru sister

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Your guessing is -yet again- not following the data we already have.

Takuma is going to complete Ryuuko Team.
Either Hwa Jay or possibly Billi Kane is going to complete Southtown Rival Team.

Also, Adelheid is most likely to appear, yes. And, Rose is supposed to have a role in the storyline. If you saw Adel's own ending in KOFXI you should know why.

On a side note, the two female appearing in KOFXIII intro among the brotherood of "Those who Came from a Distant Land" are like grown-up versions of those two brats who appeared in various KOF XI endings, recovering Magaki's body and making fun of Heidern during the final debriefing.

Also, in New Psycho Soldier team ending (again, KOFXI) we can see Ron is still watching over Kensou's awakening of his true 'Dragon Spirit' power. As you know, since the original Psycho Soldier, Athena is the embodiment of the Phoenix Spirits, and Kensou is the embodiment of the Dragon Spirit.

Quire surprisingly, in the final shot of the said eding, we can see Ron is together with Misty, LIN and some other persons (on the right). This is odd: pretty much as DuoLon and Ran, Lin is supposed to be hunting for Ron the Traitor (of Hizoku). Maybe Ron's true agenda was to prevent the disaster that Those who Came from a Distant Land are aiming to? Maybe he apparently 'betrayed' Hizoku in order to follow such a scheme?

At this rate, the last missing team in KOFXIII is quite likely to be an 'Hizoku Team'.

It would be soooo cool to have Ron, Rin and Ran in one team. :)

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I want Jubei and Tung. If Jubei was in the game, I'd buy a PS3.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Your guessing is -yet again- not following the data we already have.

Takuma is going to complete Ryuuko Team.
Either Hwa Jay or possibly Billi Kane is going to complete Southtown Rival Team.

Also, Adelheid is most likely to appear, yes. And, Rose is supposed to have a role in the storyline. If you saw Adel's own ending in KOFXI you should know why.

On a side note, the two female appearing in KOFXIII intro among the brotherood of "Those who Came from a Distant Land" are like grown-up versions of those two brats who appeared in various KOF XI endings, recovering Magaki's body and making fun of Heidern during the final debriefing.

Also, in New Psycho Soldier team ending (again, KOFXI) we can see Ron is still watching over Kensou's awakening of his true 'Dragon Spirit' power. As you know, since the original Psycho Soldier, Athena is the embodiment of the Phoenix Spirits, and Kensou is the embodiment of the Dragon Spirit.

Quire surprisingly, in the final shot of the said eding, we can see Ron is together with Misty, LIN and some other persons (on the right). This is odd: pretty much as DuoLon and Ran, Lin is supposed to be hunting for Ron the Traitor (of Hizoku). Maybe Ron's true agenda was to prevent the disaster that Those who Came from a Distant Land are aiming to? Maybe he apparently 'betrayed' Hizoku in order to follow such a scheme?

At this rate, the last missing team in KOFXIII is quite likely to be an 'Hizoku Team'.

It would be soooo cool to have Ron, Rin and Ran in one team. :)

???

Are you trying to say you think, you really actually think, that Playmore is going to do what you think they are going to do, because you see it was the reasonable and logical route to take?

When has that ever happened before?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
???

Are you trying to say you think, you really actually think, that Playmore is going to do what you think they are going to do, because you see it was the reasonable and logical route to take?

When has that ever happened before?
Whenever it also happened to be the laziest option.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
i want K' and Whip. also, whats new about KoF XIII?? Is the fighting mechanic the same as KoF XII, you know, custom combos and only 3 specials a la SF serie, or are there any other differences?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If they can put Ralf, Clark, and Leona into Metal Slug, maybe they can put the cast from Metal Slug into KoF.

Chance of that happening? No way, Jose.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
charlie, I think you need a hug.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I want actual new moves (and not just stuff like ex versions of moves) and great, new characters. IMO the latter would really help make this feel like a new installment.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I don't see a friend request on PSN.

I sent ya one man, and my bad if that whole thing is still lingering. I really don't want it to =/

I want actual new moves (and not just stuff like ex versions of moves) and great, new characters. IMO the latter would really help make this feel like a new installment.

Well lets give it a chance first. I seriously believe that if they keep improving on what we see in even minor ways, we'll have a great game. The additions to pre-existing characters practically means new characters, because the move sets will make for obvious longer and deeper play.

Last edited:

Fett

Camel Slug
If they can put Ralf, Clark, and Leona into Metal Slug, maybe they can put the cast from Metal Slug into KoF.

They basically already did. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum.

Keep in mind 13 hasn't even hit arcades yet. I'm sure they'll add a couple more characters to the console edition just like they did with Elizabeth and Mature for XII.

I also don't expect them to add much else, like different modes or good online play. I'm sure it will be a craptastic port from the arcade with little console optimization.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
To be entirely honest, I can do without extra console characters, and most will get up my ass about this, but its for other reasons. Mainly, when you get console only characters, they are usually engine outsiders. We saw something similar happen with Geese in KOF 2002 for the ps2. Who was very fun to use and VERY VERY broken ontop of it.

I'd love a totally clean cut, well bug tested professional game that can stand on its legs long enough to garner fan respect.

Just do a GGPO or 2DF style netplay coding engine.

Also I'd like them to polish the presentation more. I dislike it the most of all of the entire game.
The thing is, they are copying Capcom's marketing strategy more here, and as long as this continues, you'll see a solid product. This year is shaping up to bring two great contenders to the table, and I DEARLY hope they don't fuck this up, so we can have a smooth transition. Smooth enough for me to unload money on it day one.

Also, lets hope for a 40$ console release as a respectful maneuver into peoples pockets. AT LEAST give us that for all the drama surrounding XII, which put a shadow over this company from so many diehards.

I may seem like a ass regarding all this, but deep down I really mean well with my interest, and HOPE we get the game we dearly deserve.

Last edited:

Fett

Camel Slug
I agree for the most part, but I have little faith in SNKP to make a quality home version. I think at this point they're mostly in it for Japanese arcades and would rather hand the project off to a second rate publisher to port it.

Here's hoping SSF4's lower price tag is such a sucess that they at least try to compeat.

Psycho_Kenshin

Par-Dak,
I'm hoping for Blue Mary to be in it, perhaps on Kim's team, Billy Kane would be great too.

Vice makes sense for Iori's team, but Yamazaki or somebody would be fun.

Takuma most likely for the AoF team, but they could throw somebody else in there and it'd be interesting. How about Ryo, Robert, and K', it's genius. :D

And yep I'd imagine the new team is a team of completely new characters, which would be good, but we'll see.

If they throw a couple more into it for the console release, gotta go with Vanessa and Ramon.