Hi everyone!

So I've been a long time lurker, and as the questions about my neo geo system mounted up I finally decided to start posting!

First, about me:

I have an older model Neo 25 candy cab with a 4 slot running 2.2 unibios. I also have a nice big woody cab that I upgraded to a 6 slot. I prefer my fighters on the woody and my shooters/slugs on my candy.

I have about 25 carts. Most of them are legit, including some kits. You wouldnt believe how many carts by just asking the arcade owner "how much for the game" at the nearby arcades. That led to getting even more carts that they considered to be just junk taking up space in their warehouses. Some of them even came as semi-complete kits.

My proudest achievement is having most of the Metal Slug collection on MVS as all English carts. The only game I dont have legit from that collection is Metal Slug 5.

My uniquest cart is the Garou: Mark of the Wolves cart I have. I dont know the exact serial number since some of it was slashed out but its numbers I can make out is 0000XX so I know its one of the original 100. Its a neat smoke grey color case = D

Fav games:

Shooter: Blazing Star
Fighter: Tie between KOF 2002/Garou
Puzzle: Magical Drop 3
Slug: X
Slasher: Sengoku 3

Games I'm keeping my eye out for: ViewPoint, Windjammers. When I buy games I dont seek out english or japanese labels, I just want to make sure it plays well.

On my To Do list: Set up my memory card unit on my Neo 25. I bought it almost a year ago and bought a never used memory card but never got around to doing anything with it! I'll need to mount the device to a board and drill some spots to run male to female 3.5mm jack cords for easy plug in access under my joystick/button board. Problem is I've heard that the memory card unit only stores a couple dozen games. I'll need to find out about the 3rd party cards since my collection will be growing. I also need to find out if the neo geo takes only SRAM cards or if it will accept Flash RAM as well.

Most recent game purchased: 111 in 1 cart. I know, I know. A lot of people disagree with the cart. I own most of what I consider "the good ones" on it anyway. This will give me a chance to find out what I like and what I dont like out of whats left so I can make more informed decisions. Why not try them out on MAME? Well, I really dont like MAME too much. I have friends that have MAME arcades and they are cool and all but they just dont have the real feeling. The slowdown and the sound can be way off. I dunno. I guess I draw my line at flashed carts and no further.

So thats me! Hope to get to know you guys. I usually do forum chatting in spurts so sometimes I'll be on all the time and sometimes you wont see me for weeks. Once I can make my own threads I'm sure I'll be posting all sorts of newbish stuff and buying/trading with all y'all fine ladies and gentlemen.

See ya!