PDA

View Full Version : MVS to Home Cart Conversion



thurow
10-30-2000, 04:43 PM
Where can I get the specifics on converting the MVS carts to Home carts? (Chip layouts,soldering points, best type of solder,more on what carts to swap for what carts, etc.)

AND where might one pick up the newer Home cart cases by themselves?

wjw123
10-30-2000, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by thurow:
Where can I get the specifics on converting the MVS carts to Home carts? (Chip layouts,soldering points, best type of solder,more on what carts to swap for what carts, etc.)

AND where might one pick up the newer Home cart cases by themselves?

Good luck finding the cases. if you get some let us know.

For a professional conversion job, I would have Jeff do it.

thurow
10-30-2000, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by wjw123:
Good luck finding the cases. if you get some let us know.

For a professional conversion job, I would have Jeff do it.

Hey no prob I'll eventually find the cases even if I have to make some large purchase order just to get them. Yah, Jeff would be the best bet, but he's probably very busy, plus it would give me something to do in my spare time (if anybody has that anymore).

Caris Nautilus
11-21-2000, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by thurow:
Where can I get the specifics on converting the MVS carts to Home carts? (Chip layouts,soldering points, best type of solder,more on what carts to swap for what carts, etc.)

AND where might one pick up the newer Home cart cases by themselves?

You ushually get the case from the home cart you have to destroy to convert the MVS http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/wink.gif

JMKurtz
11-21-2000, 08:44 AM
Most people are talking about getting the newer style box while using cheaper sac carts that come in older boxes.

Jeff

wjw123
11-21-2000, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Caris Nautilus:
You ushually get the case from the home cart you have to destroy to convert the MVS http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/wink.gif



Do the math.

One MVS cart no case + One home cart one case = one case. Case for the converted cart.
Sorry no extra case http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/frown.gif

Besides we are looking for the locking cases.



[This message has been edited by wjw123 (edited November 21, 2000).]