Neo Geo Museum 20th anniversary website and t-shirt

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
Hey guys, I am probably late to the party on this one... but just in case. :drool:

http://neogeomuseum.snkplaymoreusa.com/

I personally just came across this section of SNK's site. It has a cool little article from Arcadia Magazine with some MVS and AES history. I love a good "origin" story.

Anyway, the thing I found most interesting was "Neo Geo 20th Goods" section. Front and center you will see a black t-shirt displaying 20 years of pride, a MVS cab and a list of all the Neo Geo titles written on the back!

http://www.mars16.com/single/mars16single110/mars16single110.html

How cool is that?

Last edited:

FairlanePhantom

Mai's Apprentice
It's cool they did it, but whoever would wear the shirt would be a huge loser. I'd rather just have a poster with the image.

aria

Former Moderator
The shirt is pretty bad, and I don't mean The Wizard/PowerGlove bad, I mean bad bad.

I didn't realize the search function disappeared.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
I just picked up the latest issue of Arcadia and it has all that info in printed form. It also had some interesting articles about all the SNKP already planned for XBLA including Skystage among other titles.

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
The shirt is pretty bad, and I don't mean The Wizard/PowerGlove bad, I mean bad bad.

I didn't realize the search function disappeared.

I still don't know what type of bad you are referring to.

Search function as in, you are making fun of me for not searching to see if this info has been posted elsewhere?

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
I have a feeling most of you naysayers sense of personal style is off. Especially given your advertised location of residence. I am picturing you guys decked out in American Eagle, drinking vodka and redbull.. If you're even old enough to drink that is..

I happen to think the shirt looks pretty damn cool. Especially since there has been a resurgence of nerd culture invading the fashion industry lately.

From a professional artists point of view, I can see a few design flaws and things I might change, but comon, you guys post on the effin Neo-Geo forums, yet you find a shirt with one of your favorite personal possessions idolized on it loserish?

Fall off you high horse and fuck your own face already...

Respectfully of course. :)

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I have a feeling most of you naysayers sense of personal style is off. Especially given your advertised location of residence. I am picturing you guys decked out in American Eagle, drinking vodka and redbull.. If you're even old enough to drink that is..

I happen to think the shirt looks pretty damn cool. Especially since there has been a resurgence of nerd culture invading the fashion industry lately.

From a professional artists point of view, I can see a few design flaws and things I might change, but comon, you guys post on the effin Neo-Geo forums, yet you find a shirt with one of your favorite personal possessions idolized on it loserish?

I might ask how you envision ones dress according to location of residence on a website profile.....

But judging by the rest of your moronic comments, I'd rather not delve into more of your 'logic'.

Maybe some people have different taste than yours, or well, taste in general. But as a professional artist, you should be well aware of this.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member

To each their own, especially with those professional words of yours..

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
i have never known a site like it where established members try to make newer members look like tossers and then the newer members always react with "go fuck yourself i have a real life and I fuck women" type of shit.... its still funny as fuck :)

as for the shirt i am thinking of maybe getting one as a keep sake defo not to wear though

i still regret selling my kof 2003 shirt as that was pretty cool

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
i have never known a site like it where established members try to make newer members look like tossers and then the newer members always react with "go fuck yourself i have a real life and I fuck women" type of shit.... its still funny as fuck :)

The nails head has been smashed here. ^^^

I'll buy two and wear one. I work at a damn game studio, grown men walk around in Pokemon shirts. <---exaggerated, but not far off

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
Best New Member

of 2010

It would be an honor....

I am not trying to be a dick. I just wanted to contribute something. Thought maybe you Neophytes might like a fucking shirt dedicated to your hobby. I appreciate free speech, but if I was walking down the street wearing this shirt, you wouldn't come up and insult me with your negativity. If you did, I would tuck you neatly inside your own stinking urethra and say rude things about your mother. :hammer:

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
I was being 100% sincere with my comment :)

The other thing to consider about the design of this apparel, like many things coming from Japan, is that it is a fusion of their nerd/tech culture coupled with influence from some of our current fashion trends.

The King of Games are favorite game related apparel designers. The shirts are so expensive to get here though. http://www.the-king-of-games.com/english/shop/index.php

Even though they have a limited selection, Meatbun has some favorites as well: http://meatbun.us/

Of course if you are the type that can never find a gaming shirt that will make you happy, designed it your damn self. And have Lordstar print it up for ya.

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
Not if we're all jacked up on red bull on our way back from american eagle or the gap.

I saw that coming, and laughed when you posted it.

Let me venture a guess sWIRLEE, you designed, helped design, or have some kind of financial tie to this shirt. At least it seems that way judging by how quickly you got butthurt when somebody said the shirt looks bad.

Also, it seems as though you are trying to compensate for something with this "big, bad, though guy" attitude you started putting on after said butthurt occurred. I'm guessing in real life you are consistently being made fun of?

Oh well, welcome to NG. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find somebody old enough to buy me vodka so I can mix it with Redbull and go hang out at AE.

sWIRLEE

New Challenger
I saw that coming, and laughed when you posted it.

Glad you have such foresight.

Let me venture a guess sWIRLEE, you designed, helped design, or have some kind of financial tie to this shirt. At least it seems that way judging by how quickly you got butthurt when somebody said the shirt looks bad.

No.

Also, it seems as though you are trying to compensate for something with this "big, bad, though guy" attitude you started putting on after said butthurt occurred. I'm guessing in real life you are consistently being made fun of?

Thanks Dr. Drew, my life is in perspective now. Oh, by the way, what does xiao_haozi's assmeat taste like?

Oh well, welcome to NG. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to find somebody old enough to buy me vodka so I can mix it with Redbull and go hang out at AE.

Ok, but dont ask me for a ride if your moms mini van has broken down again in the Sam's Club parking lot.

Thanks dubdubdub for being the first nice guy on these forums.

I'll say again. I was just trying to contribute, when I found something some might find interesting. I am in no way offended that some dont like the damn shirt. It's just how fucking rude people are around here.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
i wish they would finish of MOTW2 and do a limited mvs run of 1000 copies for the 20th anniversary and charged 350 bucks for it as im sure theres enough mvs owners out there who would buy it and although they wouldnt make a huge profit they wouldnt make a loss either and then port the game to make more money

one can dream

when neo ended back in 2004 i heard so much talk of tons of homebrews will still be made and apart from last hope theres been fuck all

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
lol, butthurt meltdown after a few days on the site.

"I'm a professional, so my opinion is more valid than yours"

"I'll kick your ass, you wouldn't say that to my face"

Now all we need from you Mr. sWIRLEE is the good old-fashioned hat trick. C'mon, give it to us!